RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @MikeReiss: Bill Belichick said RB Tyler Gaffney, who spent last year on IR, was at the facility every day. "Excited to work with Tyler …: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

SPORTS BRIEF: Softball two weeks away

The No. 21 Stanford softball team will open its 2013 season two weeks from today when it travels to Tempe, Ariz. for the Kajikawa Classic. It will open the campaign against Bradley at 3 p.m. on Feb. 7.

The Cardinal will play its first game at Boyd & Jill Smith Family Stadium at 5 p.m. on Feb. 13 against Santa Clara. It will host the Stanford Nike Invitational the following week.

Seven Stanford games will be televised by the Pac-12 Networks, starting with its trip to Oregon on Sunday, March 24. The Cardinal’s Pac-12 season begins in Eugene on March 23.

­—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.