RT @StanfordFball: .@JustJoshin90 in his NFL debut today recorded a start and made two tackles, one TFL and one pass deflection. #StanfordN: 34 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

SPORTS BRIEF: Softball two weeks away

The No. 21 Stanford softball team will open its 2013 season two weeks from today when it travels to Tempe, Ariz. for the Kajikawa Classic. It will open the campaign against Bradley at 3 p.m. on Feb. 7.

The Cardinal will play its first game at Boyd & Jill Smith Family Stadium at 5 p.m. on Feb. 13 against Santa Clara. It will host the Stanford Nike Invitational the following week.

Seven Stanford games will be televised by the Pac-12 Networks, starting with its trip to Oregon on Sunday, March 24. The Cardinal’s Pac-12 season begins in Eugene on March 23.

­—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.