Breaking: David Shaw names junior Keller Chryst starting quarterback for Saturday's tilt in Tucson.: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 3 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 3 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 3 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 3 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports

SPORTS BRIEF: Softball two weeks away

The No. 21 Stanford softball team will open its 2013 season two weeks from today when it travels to Tempe, Ariz. for the Kajikawa Classic. It will open the campaign against Bradley at 3 p.m. on Feb. 7.

The Cardinal will play its first game at Boyd & Jill Smith Family Stadium at 5 p.m. on Feb. 13 against Santa Clara. It will host the Stanford Nike Invitational the following week.

Seven Stanford games will be televised by the Pac-12 Networks, starting with its trip to Oregon on Sunday, March 24. The Cardinal’s Pac-12 season begins in Eugene on March 23.

­—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.