RT @StanfordSports: Our recap of Stanford's 45-0 win. Key takeways: McCaffrey has a bright future and the O-line still needs to gel http://…: 9 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @StanfordSports: And that's the ballgame. Stanford routs UC-Davis 45-0.: 10 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
Suspect "described as a white male adult, in his 30's, approx. 5' 7" and 140 lbs., fit build with short brown hair and wearing black shorts": 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily
Alert: "A female adult reported that she was...struck from behind with an unknown object that she believed to be a stick.": 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily
AlertSU system reporting a physical assault nearby Palm Drive and Campus Drive at 9:11 p.m.: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily

RA, house manager apps close after technical difficulties

Applications for Resident Assistant (RA), theme and house manager house staff positions for the 2013-14 school year closed last night. Students can still apply for Resident Tutor (RT), Resident Computer Consultant (RCC) and Peer Health Educator (PHE) positions until Jan. 31.

Application deadlines for some positions were extended over winter break due to technical difficulties with a new online application platform. ResJobs, the old platform, was reinstated to facilitate this year’s application process.

However, further technical difficulties precluded applicants from selecting the substance-free dorm as their house of interest. These students were directed to email their preference to the house staff selection team, according to a statement on the Student Affairs website.

RCC manager Sherwin Smith said that the technical difficulties do not seem to have affected students’ applications.

“We have not seen any noticeable effect on the application process at this time,” Smith said.

The approximately 300 RA applications that had been received by ResEd as of Jan. 16 was on par with the level of interest in previous years, according to Associate Dean of ResEd Jennifer Calvert.

Preliminary interviews will start Jan. 21 for applicants to houses with Resident Fellows (RFs) and run through Jan. 25. For Row house applicants, preliminary interviews will start Jan. 28 and run through Feb. 2. In-house interviews for both RF houses and Row houses will take place Jan. 28 through March. 17. Applicants will be notified of job offers on March 22.

Applicant Allison Reidy ’14 said that the delayed deadline gave her more time to finish her application and gave her a better chance to represent herself.

“There are so many complications of having things done online these days that I am used to delays and small problems,” Reidy said.