RT @StanfordFball: Stanford ranks No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense (4.3 ppg), total defense (204.3 ypg) and passing defense (66.0 ypg…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 35, Army 0. Final.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Looks like Stanford will preserve the shutout.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan connects with Montgomery for a 32-yard TD pass with 6:09 left: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery was down on the ground for a bit longer than normal. Looks like he's okay though.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tarpley doing what he's best at: pass coverage: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Great block by Johnny Caspers on the TD run.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery gets into the end zone out of the Wildcat. Stanford up 28-0 with 11:35 left in the game.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will take over at the Army 35.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Pac-12 releases Stanford football schedule for 2013, this time officially

After accidentally releasing an early look at Stanford football’s 2013 schedule, the Pac-12 officially announced the full slate of games for next season on Thursday, highlighted by a Nov.-7 showdown with Oregon that will likely be broadcast on national television.

Stanford’s early-season schedule was unkind to starter Josh Nunes (above) in 2012. As a redshirt sophomore, Kevin Hogan looks to have an easier opening stretch in 2013. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Here is the schedule in full:

Sept. 7 - vs. San Jose State
Sept. 14 - at Army
Sept. 21 - vs. Arizona State
Sept. 28 - at Washington State
Oct. 5 - vs. Washington
Oct. 12 - at Utah
Oct. 19 - vs. UCLA
Oct. 26 - at Oregon State
Nov. 2 – BYE
Nov. 7 (Thursday) - vs. Oregon
Nov. 16 - at USC
Nov. 23 - vs. Cal
Nov. 30 - vs. Notre Dame

Dec. 7 (Saturday) – Pac-12 Championship Game

Quick hits: The big game on the schedule is clearly the clash against the Ducks on a Thursday night, which could once again have national-title implications. Hopefully having nine months to prepare will allow Stanford Stadium to fill for what should be a battle for the Pac-12 North Division title.

The traditional rivalry with California is back to its traditional pre-Thanksgiving slot, Nov. 23rd.

The back end of the schedule is absolutely loaded. After a pretty breezy six-game stretch to open the season, although San Jose State might start the year ranked and Washington is definitely no pushover, the final month of the season has Oregon, USC, Cal and Notre Dame in that order. Three of the four teams, sorry Bears, have the potential to be top-10 teams. Talk about brutal.

For more detailed analysis, check out Sam Fisher’s reaction here.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com