Stanford falls to 13th in the AP poll.: 48 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The Card is now the second-highest Pac-12 team in the Coaches Poll -- UCLA slipped to 11 after its close win against Virginia.: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford No. 10 in this week's Coaches Poll.: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @samfisher908: Huge props to @davidcohn4 whose call of the @TyMontgomery2 PR TD won him @NCAAFootball student-radio call of the week htt…: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Stanford opens as a 4-point favorite over USC: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: An incredible firework display after the game tonight. We move to 3-0 on the season. #NerdNation #HomeOpenerThursday h…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: Final score: No. 5 @StanfordWSoccer 1, No. 14 Portland 0. Third straight road win over a ranked team!: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Pac-12 releases Stanford football schedule for 2013, this time officially

After accidentally releasing an early look at Stanford football’s 2013 schedule, the Pac-12 officially announced the full slate of games for next season on Thursday, highlighted by a Nov.-7 showdown with Oregon that will likely be broadcast on national television.

Stanford’s early-season schedule was unkind to starter Josh Nunes (above) in 2012. As a redshirt sophomore, Kevin Hogan looks to have an easier opening stretch in 2013. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Here is the schedule in full:

Sept. 7 - vs. San Jose State
Sept. 14 - at Army
Sept. 21 - vs. Arizona State
Sept. 28 - at Washington State
Oct. 5 - vs. Washington
Oct. 12 - at Utah
Oct. 19 - vs. UCLA
Oct. 26 - at Oregon State
Nov. 2 – BYE
Nov. 7 (Thursday) - vs. Oregon
Nov. 16 - at USC
Nov. 23 - vs. Cal
Nov. 30 - vs. Notre Dame

Dec. 7 (Saturday) – Pac-12 Championship Game

Quick hits: The big game on the schedule is clearly the clash against the Ducks on a Thursday night, which could once again have national-title implications. Hopefully having nine months to prepare will allow Stanford Stadium to fill for what should be a battle for the Pac-12 North Division title.

The traditional rivalry with California is back to its traditional pre-Thanksgiving slot, Nov. 23rd.

The back end of the schedule is absolutely loaded. After a pretty breezy six-game stretch to open the season, although San Jose State might start the year ranked and Washington is definitely no pushover, the final month of the season has Oregon, USC, Cal and Notre Dame in that order. Three of the four teams, sorry Bears, have the potential to be top-10 teams. Talk about brutal.

For more detailed analysis, check out Sam Fisher’s reaction here.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com