Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes to go. All out attack on from Stanford.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
A series of UCSB injuries has slowed the second half. 12 minutes remaining with Stanford still trailing 1-0.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Second corner for the Card in as many minutes here late in the second half.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Now 18 minutes on the clock. A little more urgency coming from Stanford.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card certainly on the attack. Still 25 minutes to go.: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris finds Bashti in the middle on a counter attack, but his shot is saved. 29 minutes left, still 1-0 UCSB.: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Long-range shot from Verso sails high. Card searching for an equalizer, 35 minutes left.: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

W. Gymnastics: Dayton named Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after career-best vault

Nicole Dayton was named the Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Matching her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet last Friday, Stanford senior captain Nicole Dayton earned both first place and Pac-12 Specialist of the Week, awarded yesterday. Dayton previously recorded the same score at the 2012 NCAA Super Six.

The Grand Rapids, Mich., native led a strong Stanford performance in the vault, with the top three scores at the meet going to Cardinal gymnasts. No. 6 Stanford’s dominance in the event helped it open its season with wins over San Jose State, UC Davis and Sacramento State.

Stanford now faces Arizona, Illinois and San Jose State in a rematch in Tucson, Ariz., this Saturday.

—Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.