Carol Zhao defeated in first round of @BOTWClassic 6-3, 6-0. Gibbs now sole representative for @StanfordWTennis: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Uphill battle for @CarolZhao95 after losing first set 3-6 to Barthel. @BOTWClassic fans are behind her, though.: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Back to back? After a win from @Gibbsyyyy, Carol Zhao looks to make it two in a row for @StanfordWTennis: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Nicole Gibbs '14 defeats Caroline Garcia 6-4, 7-5 and moves on in @BOTWClassic @StanfordWTennis: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@Gibbsyyyy holds off comeback from Garcia to capture first set, 6-4.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gibbs off to great start, breaking Garcia twice en route to a 3-0 lead in first set.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @KeithArnold: Had a great Q&A with @dohyoungpark of @StanfordSports, talking ND-Stanford and finishing my offseason previews: http://t.c…: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

W. Gymnastics: Dayton named Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after career-best vault

Nicole Dayton was named the Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Matching her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet last Friday, Stanford senior captain Nicole Dayton earned both first place and Pac-12 Specialist of the Week, awarded yesterday. Dayton previously recorded the same score at the 2012 NCAA Super Six.

The Grand Rapids, Mich., native led a strong Stanford performance in the vault, with the top three scores at the meet going to Cardinal gymnasts. No. 6 Stanford’s dominance in the event helped it open its season with wins over San Jose State, UC Davis and Sacramento State.

Stanford now faces Arizona, Illinois and San Jose State in a rematch in Tucson, Ariz., this Saturday.

—Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.