79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Miscues and sloppy passing from Stanford cue another BYU run, and the lead is back to 9 at 68-59 with 6 minutes to go.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

W. Gymnastics: Dayton named Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after career-best vault

Nicole Dayton was named the Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Matching her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet last Friday, Stanford senior captain Nicole Dayton earned both first place and Pac-12 Specialist of the Week, awarded yesterday. Dayton previously recorded the same score at the 2012 NCAA Super Six.

The Grand Rapids, Mich., native led a strong Stanford performance in the vault, with the top three scores at the meet going to Cardinal gymnasts. No. 6 Stanford’s dominance in the event helped it open its season with wins over San Jose State, UC Davis and Sacramento State.

Stanford now faces Arizona, Illinois and San Jose State in a rematch in Tucson, Ariz., this Saturday.

—Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.