RT @Gibbsyyyy: First slam win at the US OPEN!!!!!!! Whaaat 😁: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @JB_Long: Party in backfield? More like rave. @StanfordFball NATIONAL ranks under Shaw: Sacks - 1 Sack Differential-1 TFLs - 1 TFL Diffe…: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Starting ILB Blake Martinez said his body fat percentage has decreased by 50% since the beginning of his #Stanford care…: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Ronnie Harris will likely start at CB for Stanford on Saturday vs. UC Davis as Alex Carter works back into things: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordFball: "We just got the last clearance from the doctors. He (@TyMontgomery2) will play this week." - @CoachDavidShaw on @KNBR #…: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

W. Gymnastics: Dayton named Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after career-best vault

Nicole Dayton was named the Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Matching her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet last Friday, Stanford senior captain Nicole Dayton earned both first place and Pac-12 Specialist of the Week, awarded yesterday. Dayton previously recorded the same score at the 2012 NCAA Super Six.

The Grand Rapids, Mich., native led a strong Stanford performance in the vault, with the top three scores at the meet going to Cardinal gymnasts. No. 6 Stanford’s dominance in the event helped it open its season with wins over San Jose State, UC Davis and Sacramento State.

Stanford now faces Arizona, Illinois and San Jose State in a rematch in Tucson, Ariz., this Saturday.

—Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.