RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @MikeReiss: Bill Belichick said RB Tyler Gaffney, who spent last year on IR, was at the facility every day. "Excited to work with Tyler …: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

W. Gymnastics: Dayton named Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after career-best vault

Nicole Dayton was named the Pac-12 Specialist of the Week after her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Matching her career-best 9.950 vault at the NorCal Quad Meet last Friday, Stanford senior captain Nicole Dayton earned both first place and Pac-12 Specialist of the Week, awarded yesterday. Dayton previously recorded the same score at the 2012 NCAA Super Six.

The Grand Rapids, Mich., native led a strong Stanford performance in the vault, with the top three scores at the meet going to Cardinal gymnasts. No. 6 Stanford’s dominance in the event helped it open its season with wins over San Jose State, UC Davis and Sacramento State.

Stanford now faces Arizona, Illinois and San Jose State in a rematch in Tucson, Ariz., this Saturday.

—Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.