79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Miscues and sloppy passing from Stanford cue another BYU run, and the lead is back to 9 at 68-59 with 6 minutes to go.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: Corner Terrence Brown declares for NFL draft

Cornerback Terrence Brown, quietly one of Stanford’s most improved defenders this season, announced Tuesday he would forgo a fifth year on the Farm and enter the NFL Draft.

Senior Terrence Brown is leaving Stanford for the NFL after establishing himself as a lockdown corner this season. (SIMON WARBY/ The Stanford Daily)

“My admission to Stanford University in 2009 was a life-changing event for me, and all of the faculty, students and staff I have met since have truly blessed and enriched me,” Brown said in a statement. “I will forever and always be a Cardinal.”

He will still earn his degree in Science, Technology and Society this spring.

Brown started all 14 games for the Cardinal (12-2, 8-1 Pac-12) and was the team’s fifth-leading tackler with 65 stops this season. His 10 passes defended ranked only behind the figures posted by safeties Jordan Richards (15) and Ed Reynolds (11) and he notched two breakups each in Stanford’s upsets of top-five opponents USC and Oregon.

Brown also started nine times in 2011 while appearing in every game.

The announcement made Brown the third redshirt junior to pass up a fifth year this week, after tight ends Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo announced their departure Monday. But with Shayne Skov, Ben Gardner and Trent Murphy tweeting their decisions to stay at Stanford on Sunday, the Cardinal still returns nine starting defenders.

Sophomore Wayne Lyons and junior Barry Browning will be expected to step up in Brown’s absence.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.