RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gonzalez knocks it in from 31. ASU takes a 26-10 lead.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: Corner Terrence Brown declares for NFL draft

Cornerback Terrence Brown, quietly one of Stanford’s most improved defenders this season, announced Tuesday he would forgo a fifth year on the Farm and enter the NFL Draft.

Senior Terrence Brown is leaving Stanford for the NFL after establishing himself as a lockdown corner this season. (SIMON WARBY/ The Stanford Daily)

“My admission to Stanford University in 2009 was a life-changing event for me, and all of the faculty, students and staff I have met since have truly blessed and enriched me,” Brown said in a statement. “I will forever and always be a Cardinal.”

He will still earn his degree in Science, Technology and Society this spring.

Brown started all 14 games for the Cardinal (12-2, 8-1 Pac-12) and was the team’s fifth-leading tackler with 65 stops this season. His 10 passes defended ranked only behind the figures posted by safeties Jordan Richards (15) and Ed Reynolds (11) and he notched two breakups each in Stanford’s upsets of top-five opponents USC and Oregon.

Brown also started nine times in 2011 while appearing in every game.

The announcement made Brown the third redshirt junior to pass up a fifth year this week, after tight ends Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo announced their departure Monday. But with Shayne Skov, Ben Gardner and Trent Murphy tweeting their decisions to stay at Stanford on Sunday, the Cardinal still returns nine starting defenders.

Sophomore Wayne Lyons and junior Barry Browning will be expected to step up in Brown’s absence.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a junior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.