Jake Bailey has accumulated 253 yards on his punts. The Stanford offense has 180.: 10 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
That'll be the end of the 3rd quarter. Colorado still leads just 7-3 despite outgaining Stanford 313-180.: 12 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
That was a SIXTY yard punt from Jake Bailey. My god.: 13 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
At least we're getting great footage for the Jake Bailey Heisman highlight reel. #WildBailey: 14 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns looks for Arcega-Whiteside on the left side but JJ can't hold on. Stanford will punt.: 15 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ryan Burns credited with a run there but he really passed it to himself: 16 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Colorado now 0-3 on fields goals. Stanford kept themselves alive with that red zone stop.: 19 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Great coverage by the Stanford secondary once again. Colorado will attempt another field goal. Stay tuned...: 20 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Buffs find the end zone but an offensive PI on receiver Shay Fields will brings this one back.: 22 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Football: Alabama a unanimous national champion, Stanford finishes seventh in final AP poll

Alabama cruised past an overmatched Notre Dame squad 42-14 to win the BCS National Championship, then wrapped up its ninth Associated Press championship on Monday night with all 59 first-place votes. Stanford (12-2) finished seventh in the AP final poll and sixth in the final coaches’ poll.

In the second-to-last year before a national playoff system will be used to determine the national champion, Alabama (13-1) avoided most of the potential controversy by pushing Notre Dame (which came into the night ranked No. 1 in the BCS) all over the field at the Orange Bowl.

The Fighting Irish (12-1) dropped to No. 4 in the final AP rankings, which had Oregon (12-1) second and undefeated Ohio State (12-0) third despite being banned from the postseason because of NCAA sanctions.

Georgia and Texas A&M tied for fifth, with Stanford, South Carolina, Florida and Florida State rounding out the top-10.

The SEC once again led the way with six teams in the final ranking, while the Pac-12 finished with three teams in the Top-25.

Four of Stanford’s opponents finished ranked the final AP poll: No. 2 Oregon, No. 4 Notre Dame No. 20 Oregon State and No. 21 San Jose State. Rose Bowl opponent and Big 10 Champion Wisconsin was unranked.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com