RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @MikeReiss: Bill Belichick said RB Tyler Gaffney, who spent last year on IR, was at the facility every day. "Excited to work with Tyler …: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

W. Soccer: Card compiles All-America, Pac-12 honors

Last Friday, senior midfielder Mariah Nogueira was named Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year and joined fellow seniors defender Alina Garciamendez and defender Rachel Quon on the National Soccer Coaches Association of America’s (NSCAA) All-America teams.

Senior defender Alina Garciamendez was one of two Cardinal first-team All-Americans, as voted on by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Quon and Garciamendez were both named first-team All-Americans, while Nogueira was listed on the second team.

Though top-ranked Stanford lost its NCAA College Cup semifinal 1-0 in double overtime to North Carolina on Friday to miss out on a chance to defend last year’s national title, this trio of four-year starters and team captains can look back at a successful spell on the Farm.

Garciamendez played in a total of 102 games for Stanford, starting every single match in her collegiate career to become the only player in school history to reach the century mark. Nogueira was Stanford’s second highest goal scorer this season, with a personal season record of seven goals that took her collegiate total to 21. Quon has the team’s third highest assist ratio this year, and though her record of three goals this year is significantly lower than Nogueira’s seven and Garciamendez’s six, it was her strike that sealed a comeback win over No. 2 UCLA in L.A. on Oct. 28.

—Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.