Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

W. Soccer: Card compiles All-America, Pac-12 honors

Last Friday, senior midfielder Mariah Nogueira was named Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year and joined fellow seniors defender Alina Garciamendez and defender Rachel Quon on the National Soccer Coaches Association of America’s (NSCAA) All-America teams.

Senior defender Alina Garciamendez was one of two Cardinal first-team All-Americans, as voted on by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

Quon and Garciamendez were both named first-team All-Americans, while Nogueira was listed on the second team.

Though top-ranked Stanford lost its NCAA College Cup semifinal 1-0 in double overtime to North Carolina on Friday to miss out on a chance to defend last year’s national title, this trio of four-year starters and team captains can look back at a successful spell on the Farm.

Garciamendez played in a total of 102 games for Stanford, starting every single match in her collegiate career to become the only player in school history to reach the century mark. Nogueira was Stanford’s second highest goal scorer this season, with a personal season record of seven goals that took her collegiate total to 21. Quon has the team’s third highest assist ratio this year, and though her record of three goals this year is significantly lower than Nogueira’s seven and Garciamendez’s six, it was her strike that sealed a comeback win over No. 2 UCLA in L.A. on Oct. 28.

—Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.