RT @StanfordFball: Stanford ranks No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense (4.3 ppg), total defense (204.3 ypg) and passing defense (66.0 ypg…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 35, Army 0. Final.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Looks like Stanford will preserve the shutout.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan connects with Montgomery for a 32-yard TD pass with 6:09 left: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery was down on the ground for a bit longer than normal. Looks like he's okay though.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tarpley doing what he's best at: pass coverage: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Great block by Johnny Caspers on the TD run.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery gets into the end zone out of the Wildcat. Stanford up 28-0 with 11:35 left in the game.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will take over at the Army 35.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

SPORTS BRIEFS: Thomas named Lott Impact finalist; school struggles to sell Pac-12 title game tickets

Thomas named Lott IMPACT finalist

Fifth-year senior outside linebacker Chase Thomas is one of four finalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation announced Thursday. Thomas was named a semifinalist for the award, which recognizes both athletic performance and personal character, two weeks ago.

Thomas and the rest of the No. 8 Cardinal’s dominant front seven lead the nation in rushing defense, tackles for loss and sacks, and set a school record when they allowed only 76 yards of total offense against Colorado.

Ticket sales down for Pac-12 Championship Game

Only 30,000 of the 50,000 seats in Stanford Stadium had been sold for the Pac-12 Championship Game as of Wednesday morning, the San Jose Mercury News reported yesterday. Stanford’s director of ticket sales and services still expected the final attendance to reach into the mid-40,000s.

Last year’s inaugural conference title game between UCLA and Oregon filled 54,000-seat Autzen Stadium.

—Joseph Beyda