Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford will have four seconds to make some magic happen. Unlikely but, hey, it's college football.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports

SPORTS BRIEFS: Thomas named Lott Impact finalist; school struggles to sell Pac-12 title game tickets

Thomas named Lott IMPACT finalist

Fifth-year senior outside linebacker Chase Thomas is one of four finalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation announced Thursday. Thomas was named a semifinalist for the award, which recognizes both athletic performance and personal character, two weeks ago.

Thomas and the rest of the No. 8 Cardinal’s dominant front seven lead the nation in rushing defense, tackles for loss and sacks, and set a school record when they allowed only 76 yards of total offense against Colorado.

Ticket sales down for Pac-12 Championship Game

Only 30,000 of the 50,000 seats in Stanford Stadium had been sold for the Pac-12 Championship Game as of Wednesday morning, the San Jose Mercury News reported yesterday. Stanford’s director of ticket sales and services still expected the final attendance to reach into the mid-40,000s.

Last year’s inaugural conference title game between UCLA and Oregon filled 54,000-seat Autzen Stadium.

—Joseph Beyda