Kelly on Clemson, Stanford losses: "We're two plays away from being undefeated and the number one team in the country.": 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Brian Kelly: "We had a number of opportunities in the red zone. It's never about one series or one play, it's a culmination of the game.": 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"One word: gritty." -Shaw on Shittu, Thomas and Scarlett and the way the DL has played this year: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw on receiving corps: "They've been blocking extremely well, and they know when called upon, they're gonna make plays.": 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Hogan to Shaw after getting the game ball: "Thanks coach. We gotta play USC next week.": 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"Kevin did a great job of keeping his emotions in check and just playing great football. I can't say how proud of him I am." -Shaw: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"You're talking about a walk-on kicker that came in, earned his stripes. He's become one of the best kickers in the nation."Shaw on Ukropina: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"I challenge anybody to find a better two-minute quarterback in the nation than Kevin Hogan." -Shaw: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"We kept our minds in it. We got up, we didn't change. We got down, we didn't change." -David Shaw: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

SPORTS BRIEFS: Thomas named Lott Impact finalist; school struggles to sell Pac-12 title game tickets

Thomas named Lott IMPACT finalist

Fifth-year senior outside linebacker Chase Thomas is one of four finalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation announced Thursday. Thomas was named a semifinalist for the award, which recognizes both athletic performance and personal character, two weeks ago.

Thomas and the rest of the No. 8 Cardinal’s dominant front seven lead the nation in rushing defense, tackles for loss and sacks, and set a school record when they allowed only 76 yards of total offense against Colorado.

Ticket sales down for Pac-12 Championship Game

Only 30,000 of the 50,000 seats in Stanford Stadium had been sold for the Pac-12 Championship Game as of Wednesday morning, the San Jose Mercury News reported yesterday. Stanford’s director of ticket sales and services still expected the final attendance to reach into the mid-40,000s.

Last year’s inaugural conference title game between UCLA and Oregon filled 54,000-seat Autzen Stadium.

—Joseph Beyda