79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

SPORTS BRIEFS: Thomas named Lott Impact finalist; school struggles to sell Pac-12 title game tickets

Thomas named Lott IMPACT finalist

Fifth-year senior outside linebacker Chase Thomas is one of four finalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation announced Thursday. Thomas was named a semifinalist for the award, which recognizes both athletic performance and personal character, two weeks ago.

Thomas and the rest of the No. 8 Cardinal’s dominant front seven lead the nation in rushing defense, tackles for loss and sacks, and set a school record when they allowed only 76 yards of total offense against Colorado.

Ticket sales down for Pac-12 Championship Game

Only 30,000 of the 50,000 seats in Stanford Stadium had been sold for the Pac-12 Championship Game as of Wednesday morning, the San Jose Mercury News reported yesterday. Stanford’s director of ticket sales and services still expected the final attendance to reach into the mid-40,000s.

Last year’s inaugural conference title game between UCLA and Oregon filled 54,000-seat Autzen Stadium.

—Joseph Beyda