Breaking News

Johnny Dawkins says post-game that Reid Travis has progressed, may travel and play on @stanfordbball's trip to Washington this weekend.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @stanfordbball: Stanford cruises over ASU, 89-70. Matches the most points scored this season. Randle, @TwoShotOne, & Nastic all with 20+…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @stanfordbball: Stanford's 70.4% shooting in first half its best mark since torching Harvard for 73.1% shooting (19-26) in the second ha…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

SPORTS BRIEFS: Thomas named Lott Impact finalist; school struggles to sell Pac-12 title game tickets

Thomas named Lott IMPACT finalist

Fifth-year senior outside linebacker Chase Thomas is one of four finalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation announced Thursday. Thomas was named a semifinalist for the award, which recognizes both athletic performance and personal character, two weeks ago.

Thomas and the rest of the No. 8 Cardinal’s dominant front seven lead the nation in rushing defense, tackles for loss and sacks, and set a school record when they allowed only 76 yards of total offense against Colorado.

Ticket sales down for Pac-12 Championship Game

Only 30,000 of the 50,000 seats in Stanford Stadium had been sold for the Pac-12 Championship Game as of Wednesday morning, the San Jose Mercury News reported yesterday. Stanford’s director of ticket sales and services still expected the final attendance to reach into the mid-40,000s.

Last year’s inaugural conference title game between UCLA and Oregon filled 54,000-seat Autzen Stadium.

—Joseph Beyda