Carol Zhao defeated in first round of @BOTWClassic 6-3, 6-0. Gibbs now sole representative for @StanfordWTennis: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Uphill battle for @CarolZhao95 after losing first set 3-6 to Barthel. @BOTWClassic fans are behind her, though.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Back to back? After a win from @Gibbsyyyy, Carol Zhao looks to make it two in a row for @StanfordWTennis: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Nicole Gibbs '14 defeats Caroline Garcia 6-4, 7-5 and moves on in @BOTWClassic @StanfordWTennis: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@Gibbsyyyy holds off comeback from Garcia to capture first set, 6-4.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gibbs off to great start, breaking Garcia twice en route to a 3-0 lead in first set.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @KeithArnold: Had a great Q&A with @dohyoungpark of @StanfordSports, talking ND-Stanford and finishing my offseason previews: http://t.c…: 5 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford Football: Stepfan Taylor named Pac-12 Player of the Week

Despite playing a little over half the game, Stanford running back Stepfan Taylor was named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after racking up 142 yards on 20 carries in the No. 8 Cardinal’s 35-17 victory over UCLA on Saturday.

Taylor’s 21st career 100-yard game was marked by several big runs, including a 49-yard burst to the end zone in the second quarter and a a 40-yard run in the third quarter. The senior from Mansfield, Texas, scored two touchdowns before coach David Shaw pulled him from the game to rest his legs.

He hasn’t looked tired of late, despite going over the 4,000 yard mark for his career on the Card’s opening drive, and is third in the Pac-12 and 16th in the nation in rushing, averaging 113.67 yards per game this season. Stanford has two games remaining this season, and Taylor is now just 36 yards from breaking Darrin Nelson’s Stanford career-record 4,169 yards.

The Cardinal will host UCLA on Friday in the Pac-12 Championship game with a berth in the Rose Bowl on the line.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com