RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford Football: Stepfan Taylor named Pac-12 Player of the Week

Despite playing a little over half the game, Stanford running back Stepfan Taylor was named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after racking up 142 yards on 20 carries in the No. 8 Cardinal’s 35-17 victory over UCLA on Saturday.

Taylor’s 21st career 100-yard game was marked by several big runs, including a 49-yard burst to the end zone in the second quarter and a a 40-yard run in the third quarter. The senior from Mansfield, Texas, scored two touchdowns before coach David Shaw pulled him from the game to rest his legs.

He hasn’t looked tired of late, despite going over the 4,000 yard mark for his career on the Card’s opening drive, and is third in the Pac-12 and 16th in the nation in rushing, averaging 113.67 yards per game this season. Stanford has two games remaining this season, and Taylor is now just 36 yards from breaking Darrin Nelson’s Stanford career-record 4,169 yards.

The Cardinal will host UCLA on Friday in the Pac-12 Championship game with a berth in the Rose Bowl on the line.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com