Cardinal fans have to be pretty happy with Stanford's performance today, even if it was against an FCS opponent.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And that's the ballgame. Stanford routs UC-Davis 45-0.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Crower redeems himself by throwing a strike to Hooper for a 14-yard touchdown. Stanford 45, UC-Davis 0 with 8:22 left in the game: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
McCaffrey. Wow.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Both Hooper and Cotton have made nice catches in the middle of the field today. Could be a huge help to Hogan as season progresses.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
That's the end of the third quarter. Stanford 38, UC-Davis 0. The Cardinal playing its third-stringers.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Noor Davis makes an acrobatic pick. Last three interceptions for Stanford have been made by linebackers.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford experimenting with creative ways to get the ball to McCaffrey. Halfback pass earlier, now an end-around.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RB Ricky Seale and WR Jordan Pratt seeing some action now: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

M. Basketball: Stanford eclipses Northern Iowa behind 36 from Randle and Brown

Stanford’s trip to the Bahamas finally paid dividends on Saturday afternoon, as the Cardinal pulled away from Northern Iowa 66-50 behind sophomore guard Chasson Randle’s second consecutive 20-point performance.

After losing over two seasons of his career to ACL tears, senior Andy Brown has become Stanford’s fourth-leading scorer this season (38 points) without even having made a start. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

Randle’s 21 and 15 more from senior Andy Brown — who has quickly become a surprise contributor off the bench this season — pushed Stanford past a Panthers team that knotted the game up at 30 at halftime.

“Once you lose a game, sometimes it can snowball for you and I am really proud of my kids’ maturity and how we approached today’s game against a very good team,” head coach Johnny Dawkins told GoStanford.com. “Our guys … responded to the kind of challenge I gave them. I was so proud of our effort, especially in the second half.”

Brown, who sat out multiple seasons after three ACL tears to his left knee, set career highs in points, rebounds (six) and minutes (29) on Saturday and could provide leadership to a team that lost four seniors last season.

It was a rough day for Stanford’s star juniors; forward Dwight Powell ran into early foul trouble for the second time in a week, tallying just two points in his 17 minutes, and Aaron Bright and Anthony Brown both sat out with injuries. But forwards Josh Huestis and John Gage picked up their classmates, combining for 16 points and 11 rebounds in their extended playing time.

The Cardinal (4-2) now plays Minnesota (5-1) in Saturday’s fifth-place game at 12:30 p.m. PST in a rematch of last season’s NIT Finals, which Stanford dominated 75-51 on the strength of 15 points each by Randle and Bright. The matchup will be televised on AXS.TV, which can be found on channel 764 for Comcast Digital Cable customers in the Palo Alto area.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a junior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.