Cardinal fans have to be pretty happy with Stanford's performance today, even if it was against an FCS opponent.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And that's the ballgame. Stanford routs UC-Davis 45-0.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Crower redeems himself by throwing a strike to Hooper for a 14-yard touchdown. Stanford 45, UC-Davis 0 with 8:22 left in the game: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
McCaffrey. Wow.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Both Hooper and Cotton have made nice catches in the middle of the field today. Could be a huge help to Hogan as season progresses.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
That's the end of the third quarter. Stanford 38, UC-Davis 0. The Cardinal playing its third-stringers.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Noor Davis makes an acrobatic pick. Last three interceptions for Stanford have been made by linebackers.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford experimenting with creative ways to get the ball to McCaffrey. Halfback pass earlier, now an end-around.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RB Ricky Seale and WR Jordan Pratt seeing some action now: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: Defensive tackle Terrence Stephens out against UCLA with ‘personal matter’

Stanford has confirmed earlier reports that defensive tackle Terrence Stephens will miss the upcoming game against UCLA to remain on campus and “take care of a personal matter.”

The senior from Gaithersburg, Md., is a big part of the Cardinal’s interior defense, starting seven of the team’s 11 games this season and all 13 last year. This year he has 10 total tackles, three tackles for a loss and a sack. He had a career-high five tackles, including two for a loss, and a sack in Stanford’s win over Oregon State two weeks ago.

Junior David Parry is the listed backup at nose guard and will likely fill Stephens place, although Stephens was still listed on the team’s depth chart as the projected starter as of Wednesday night. Parry did not see action as a freshman but was Stephens’ backup last season and recorded six tackles in limited action.

Stanford must beat the Bruins this weekend, or else hope Oregon loses to Oregon State, in order to secure a berth in the Pac-12 Championship Game as the Pac-12 North Division champion. The Cardinal would then host UCLA again next Friday night from Stanford Stadium with a Rose Bowl invitation on the line.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com