Stanford will play No. 1 Wake Forest (16-2-2) at Wake Forest next weekend.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
That's it folks. Stanford gets the 3-1 win off some beautiful goals from Morris (2) and Baird. On to the quarterfinals.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
GOAL STANFORD. Corey Baird puts the game out of reach. Stanford up two with just over 2 minutes to play.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
OSU shot goes wide. Less than 4 to play.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Andrew Epstein has had to be very active tonight. 6 saves so far, ties his season high from 10/18 vs. SDSU.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Things getting physical here at Cagan. Less than 10 to play, Buckeyes fighting to equalize things once more.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
JORDAN. MORRIS. AGAIN. Gorgeous goal to put Stanford back up, 2-1. His 10th of the season, 2nd of the night.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports

BRIEF: Field Hockey cleans up at NorPac awards

Stanford field hockey hits the road tomorrow for the team’s first-round matchup with Radford in the NorPac Championships, but the Cardinal received some good news on Wednesday when the all-conference awards were released.

Senior Becky Dru defended her title as Player of the Year in the conference, while sophomore Kelsey Harbin earned Defensive Player of the Year honors and Tara Danielson doubled up with her second consecutive Coach of the Year award.

It was the fifth Player of the Year award for Dru, one of the most decorated players in NorPac history and an NFHCA First Team All-American last season. Danielson has also started her career off at the Farm in style, compiling a 44-16 record in three seasons.

The All-NorPac team was also filled with Stanford players–six of the 11 spots went to the Card–as junior Hope Burke, sophomores Harbin and Alex McCawley and freshmen Dulcie Davies and Maddie Secco were all recognized. Burke was also named to the All-Academic team.

No. 14 Stanford and Radford will square off today at 1 p.m. in Farmville, Va. on the campus of Longwood University.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at