Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 12 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Field Hockey cleans up at NorPac awards

Stanford field hockey hits the road tomorrow for the team’s first-round matchup with Radford in the NorPac Championships, but the Cardinal received some good news on Wednesday when the all-conference awards were released.

Senior Becky Dru defended her title as Player of the Year in the conference, while sophomore Kelsey Harbin earned Defensive Player of the Year honors and Tara Danielson doubled up with her second consecutive Coach of the Year award.

It was the fifth Player of the Year award for Dru, one of the most decorated players in NorPac history and an NFHCA First Team All-American last season. Danielson has also started her career off at the Farm in style, compiling a 44-16 record in three seasons.

The All-NorPac team was also filled with Stanford players–six of the 11 spots went to the Card–as junior Hope Burke, sophomores Harbin and Alex McCawley and freshmen Dulcie Davies and Maddie Secco were all recognized. Burke was also named to the All-Academic team.

No. 14 Stanford and Radford will square off today at 1 p.m. in Farmville, Va. on the campus of Longwood University.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com