Shaw on how he expects the team to respond: "I've got a locker room full of Stanford guys. They're leaders...I expect them to bounce back.": 21 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're going to attack like we're 0-12...but not overreact.": 28 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "They played extremely well...We got ourselves behind the eight ball." Identified third down and noise as big problems: 30 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Total domination from the Huskies tonight. Chris Petersen and his staff deserve a lot of credit for coming out firing and never letting up: 36 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Isaiah Brandt-Sims records his first career catch in his home state: 47 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford came into this game having allowed 3 total TDs. Cardinal have given up 6 tonight: 50 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Huskies add another touchdown. First time Stanford has surrendered over 40 points since 2014 at Oregon. UW leads 44-6.: 52 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
KJ Carta-Samuels in at QB. Inherits a very different situation compares to last year: 55 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford rolling in second unit on the defensive line here: 57 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Sports Briefs: Football announces time for Washington State contest, Bonanni named Player of the Week, Ajanaku and Gilbert win Pac-12 honors

Oct. 27 football game kickoff against Washington State set for 3:15 p.m.

The Pac-12 Conference announced on Monday that Stanford football team’s late October contest against Washington State will be played at 3:15 p.m. at Stanford Stadium.

The No. 20 Cardinal (4-2, 2-1 Pac-12) will first face California in the Big Game this Saturday, where it is favored to retain the Axe for the third straight year.

After inconsistent performances so far this season, though, both games will be crucial tests.

The game will be broadcast live on both the Pac-12 Networks and Stanford’s KZSU radio.

Men’s waterpolo’s Bonanni named Player of the Week.

With a pair of hat tricks against No. 2 UC Santa Barbara and No. 8 Pepperdine last weekend, freshman driver Bret Bonanni helped the No. 5 Cardinal to back-to-back wins and secured MPSF/KAP 7 Player of the Week honors.

Bonanni is now second on the team with 26 goals in 11 games and ranks tenth in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation with 2.36 goals per game.

Next up for Stanford is a road trip to face California in the Big Splash this Saturday morning ahead of the Big Game, followed by games against Bucknell and Air Force in the Rodeo Tournament in Santa Clara on Sunday.

Sophomore libero Kyle Gilbert won Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week for helping Stanford defeat top-ten ranked USC and UCLA last week.

Women’s volleyball players win Pac-12 honors.

Stanford has recovered from three early season losses to run out to a 14-game winning streak and a perfect record in the Pac-12 so far. Cementing the current strength of the Cardinal team, freshman middle blocker Inky Ajanaku and sophomore libero Kyle Gilbert both won Pac-12 awards last week, Freshman and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively.

The No. 2 Cardinal (16-2, 8-0 Pac-12) defeated both top-10 ranked Southern California teams last week. In the wins over USC and UCLA, Ajanaku set consecutive career highs in kills and blocks, finishing with 17 and six, respectively, against the Bruins. Gilbert, meanwhile, made a match-high 22 digs against the Trojans and followed that with a career-high 25 against UCLA.

This weekend Stanford heads out on the road to face No. 5 Washington on Friday and then Washington State on Sunday.

–Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.