Shaw says front seven making up for lack of size with plenty of speed and quickness. Specific praise for Alfieri and Scarlett.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw: "Everybody in our conference can beat everybody in our conference. It's the Wild West every single week.": 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
On Hogan: "if he gets that ankle healthy, he once again becomes a dual threat in the pocket." Makes the bye week more important.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: Shaw: "We need this bye." Doesn't think a bye week will slow down the team's roll.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw individually praised McCaffrey, Sanders, Love and Wright. Clearly very pleased with his backfield.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw on Hogan: "He's playing the best football of his career.": 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Well that's just about it folks. Stanford improves to 4-1, 3-0 in Pac-12. Your final score from Stanford Stadium: Stanford 55 - Arizona 17.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Chryst has Risen. The sophomore QB to Stallworth, the first TD for both of them. Stanford breaks into the 50s, 4:03 to play.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Briefs: Football announces time for Washington State contest, Bonanni named Player of the Week, Ajanaku and Gilbert win Pac-12 honors

Oct. 27 football game kickoff against Washington State set for 3:15 p.m.

The Pac-12 Conference announced on Monday that Stanford football team’s late October contest against Washington State will be played at 3:15 p.m. at Stanford Stadium.

The No. 20 Cardinal (4-2, 2-1 Pac-12) will first face California in the Big Game this Saturday, where it is favored to retain the Axe for the third straight year.

After inconsistent performances so far this season, though, both games will be crucial tests.

The game will be broadcast live on both the Pac-12 Networks and Stanford’s KZSU radio.

Men’s waterpolo’s Bonanni named Player of the Week.

With a pair of hat tricks against No. 2 UC Santa Barbara and No. 8 Pepperdine last weekend, freshman driver Bret Bonanni helped the No. 5 Cardinal to back-to-back wins and secured MPSF/KAP 7 Player of the Week honors.

Bonanni is now second on the team with 26 goals in 11 games and ranks tenth in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation with 2.36 goals per game.

Next up for Stanford is a road trip to face California in the Big Splash this Saturday morning ahead of the Big Game, followed by games against Bucknell and Air Force in the Rodeo Tournament in Santa Clara on Sunday.

Sophomore libero Kyle Gilbert won Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week for helping Stanford defeat top-ten ranked USC and UCLA last week.

Women’s volleyball players win Pac-12 honors.

Stanford has recovered from three early season losses to run out to a 14-game winning streak and a perfect record in the Pac-12 so far. Cementing the current strength of the Cardinal team, freshman middle blocker Inky Ajanaku and sophomore libero Kyle Gilbert both won Pac-12 awards last week, Freshman and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively.

The No. 2 Cardinal (16-2, 8-0 Pac-12) defeated both top-10 ranked Southern California teams last week. In the wins over USC and UCLA, Ajanaku set consecutive career highs in kills and blocks, finishing with 17 and six, respectively, against the Bruins. Gilbert, meanwhile, made a match-high 22 digs against the Trojans and followed that with a career-high 25 against UCLA.

This weekend Stanford heads out on the road to face No. 5 Washington on Friday and then Washington State on Sunday.

–Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.