79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Briefs: Football announces time for Washington State contest, Bonanni named Player of the Week, Ajanaku and Gilbert win Pac-12 honors

Oct. 27 football game kickoff against Washington State set for 3:15 p.m.

The Pac-12 Conference announced on Monday that Stanford football team’s late October contest against Washington State will be played at 3:15 p.m. at Stanford Stadium.

The No. 20 Cardinal (4-2, 2-1 Pac-12) will first face California in the Big Game this Saturday, where it is favored to retain the Axe for the third straight year.

After inconsistent performances so far this season, though, both games will be crucial tests.

The game will be broadcast live on both the Pac-12 Networks and Stanford’s KZSU radio.

Men’s waterpolo’s Bonanni named Player of the Week.

With a pair of hat tricks against No. 2 UC Santa Barbara and No. 8 Pepperdine last weekend, freshman driver Bret Bonanni helped the No. 5 Cardinal to back-to-back wins and secured MPSF/KAP 7 Player of the Week honors.

Bonanni is now second on the team with 26 goals in 11 games and ranks tenth in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation with 2.36 goals per game.

Next up for Stanford is a road trip to face California in the Big Splash this Saturday morning ahead of the Big Game, followed by games against Bucknell and Air Force in the Rodeo Tournament in Santa Clara on Sunday.

Sophomore libero Kyle Gilbert won Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week for helping Stanford defeat top-ten ranked USC and UCLA last week.

Women’s volleyball players win Pac-12 honors.

Stanford has recovered from three early season losses to run out to a 14-game winning streak and a perfect record in the Pac-12 so far. Cementing the current strength of the Cardinal team, freshman middle blocker Inky Ajanaku and sophomore libero Kyle Gilbert both won Pac-12 awards last week, Freshman and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively.

The No. 2 Cardinal (16-2, 8-0 Pac-12) defeated both top-10 ranked Southern California teams last week. In the wins over USC and UCLA, Ajanaku set consecutive career highs in kills and blocks, finishing with 17 and six, respectively, against the Bruins. Gilbert, meanwhile, made a match-high 22 digs against the Trojans and followed that with a career-high 25 against UCLA.

This weekend Stanford heads out on the road to face No. 5 Washington on Friday and then Washington State on Sunday.

–Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.