And just to make sure no one forgets, Blake Martinez has 13 tackles tonight.: 3 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
65 yard TD for Barry Sanders makes it 48-17. Almost too many big play threats in this offense to remember.: 6 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another impressive drive by Arizona offense, 41-17. They just came much too late for the Wildcats.: 10 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Stanford has now scored at least 40 points in three straight games. The last time they accomplished that was in the And…: 18 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Michael Rector leads Stanford in receptions. With 4. Hogan spreading the ball as evenly as possible, per usual.: 21 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford defense shuts down Arizona after offense puts up a score. Very important response following early TD for Wildcats.: 27 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Of Wright's seven rushing TDs: 6 for 1 yards, 1 for 2 yards: 28 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Wright's second touchdown of the night gives Stanford a 34-10 lead. Cardinal rolling.: 29 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
For anyone that owns Christian McCaffrey in fantasy football, Remound Wright is about as frustrating as possible.: 31 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona defensive line looks very worn out. Shaw throwing the everything but the kitchen sink at them isn't helping their cause.: 35 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Briefs: Fencing schedule, Women’s crew wins, Sailing 16th at Danmark Trophy

Women’s four wins Head of the Oklahoma

Stanford’s women’s four placed first at the Head of the Oklahoma with a time of 16:12.96 — a half second better than second-place Clemson but almost 15 seconds ahead  of third-place Oklahoma — before coming in a close second at the OG&E Night Sprints this weekend.

“It was a gutsy effort from stroke one that paid off,” women’s rowing head coach Yasmin Farooq told “We won’t be doing racing starts until our spring championship season, but it’s an awesome reminder of what’s ahead when we hit 2K season in March.”

The women’s eight also had a strong showing, finishing second out of 21 crews in the Head of the Oklahoma and later tying for second at the night event.

Sailing comes in 16th for Danmark Trophy

Stanford finished 16th at the Danmark Trophy over the weekend. (Stanford Daily File Photo)

The Cardinal sailing squad traveled to New London, Conn. for the Danmark Trophy over the weekend and finished 16th of 20 teams at the event.

Stanford’s 229 points — a far cry from first-place Brown’s 119 — were comprised of an 11th-place finish by sophomores Kevin Laube and Helena Scutt in the A-Division and a 20th-place finish by freshman Michael Dahl and junior Rebecca King in the B-Division.

Fencing releases schedule

On Monday, Stanford fencing announced its two-meet schedule, which will consist of the Western Invitational (Jan. 12) and the Midwest Invitational (Feb. 2-3).

With six of last year’s top 15 NCAA Championship finishers participating in those two meets, the Cardinal hopes to use them as preparation for March 9th’s NCAA Regionals. The 2012 NCAA Championships will take place from March 21-24.

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.