Track & Field: Chris Miltenberg chosen as new head coach of Stanford track and field

Aug. 29, 2012, 12:06 a.m.

Former Georgetown track and field associate head coach Chris Miltenberg will be the new Franklin P. Johnson Director of Track & Field and Stanford cross-country head coach, officially announced by Stanford athletic director Bernard Muir on Monday.

Miltenberg comes to the Farm after having guided the Hoyas women’s cross-country team to an NCAA title in 2011, an accomplishment that won him the USTFCCCA National Women’s Cross Country Coach of the Year. He was also awarded the Mid-Atlantic Assistant Coach of the Year for women’s track and field three times and directed the women’s team to a Big East indoor track conference title in 2012.

In his five seasons at Georgetown, he was responsible for producing an NCAA champion along with two runner-up finishes in track and field. His impressive coaching resumé also includes developing 36 All-Americans in track and field and six athletes who qualified for the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials.

Miltenberg is replacing former head coach Edrick Floreal, who left the Cardinal in July to take up the head coach position at the University of Kentucky.

George Chen

George Chen is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily who writes football, football and more football. Previously he worked at The Daily as the President and Editor in Chief, Executive Editor, Managing Editor of Sports, the football beat reporter and a sports desk editor. George also co-authored The Daily's recent book documenting the rise of Stanford football, "Rags to Roses." He is a senior from Painted Post, NY majoring in Biology. To contact him, please email at [email protected].