Breaking News

RT @KeithHennessey: @Stanford makes a great pick: @RichardEngel for commencement speaker.: 5 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @McFaul: Congrats @RichardEngel on being selected as the 2015 commencement speaker @Stanford ! See you in June.: 5 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @vrjbndr: Stanford 2015 Commencement speaker is @RichardEngel! Very excited.: 5 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
Richard Engel, the chief foreign news correspondent for NBC, chosen to deliver Class of 2015 Commencement speech.: 6 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: Director Ken Savage talks about much-anticipated musical "Hairspray" and the representation of minorities in theatre ht…: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily

Marissa Mayer ’97 becomes CEO of Yahoo

Formerly vice president of local, maps and location services at Google, Marissa Mayer B.S. ’97, M.S. ’99 has been named Yahoo’s new CEO.

Mayer, 37, will be Yahoo’s fifth CEO in five years. In a statement posted Monday on her Google+ account, she declared herself “incredibly excited to start my new role at Yahoo! tomorrow.”

As one of the highest profile women in business, Mayer has her work cut out for her– she aims to soothe the financial wounds that have plagued the struggling company for years.

In her 13 years at Google, she tackled leadership positions in numerous projects and played an integral role in product management. She has also led the production of some of Google’s most successful features, such as Google Maps.

Mayer graduated from Stanford with a B.S. in symbolic systems and an M.S. in computer science specializing in artificial intelligence.

-Jacqueline Gu