Get ready RT @dohyoungpark: If S. Carolina loses today, @StanfordFB will have longest active home win streak in the country (16) #TAMUvsSC: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Big day for Stanford athletes -- @Gibbsyyyy wins again at the US Open, @Chiney321 is WNBA ROY, and @JmoSmooth13 named to USMNT roster: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @GrantWahl: As a rare college player selected for the US senior men's team, Stanford's Jordan Morris will not be paid by US Soccer like …: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @wilnerhotline: Comcast agrees to make @Pac12Networks available thru Pac12Now app, in addition to Xfinity. Goes live today at 1 p.m.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

M. Swimming: Former NBAC coach Scott Armstrong hired as assistant coach

Ted Knapp, the Goldman Family Director of Men’s Swimming, announced the hiring of Scott Armstrong as the Cardinal’s new men’s swimming assistant coach on Wednesday.

Armstrong’s impressive coaching resume includes serving as associate head coach at the North Baltimore Aquatic Club, one of the best swimming clubs in the nation at both the age-group and professional levels. Since landing at NBAC in 2003, Armstrong has helped coach Olympic stars Michael Phelps and Katie Hoff, and has also worked with world-class coaches including Bob Bowman and Paul Yetter.

Beyond his club experience, Armstrong was the coach of the junior national team. In 2010, he led the women’s squad to a title at the Junior Pan Pacific Championships.

Armstrong was a standout swimmer and senior captain at Johns Hopkins University prior to his coaching career. The 2003 graduate was an 18-time All-American who also broke the Division-III collegiate record in the 1,650-yard freestyle.

Knapp, the former Cardinal assistant coach, was named head coach in May following Skip Kenney’s retirement.

-George Chen

About George Chen

George Chen is the President and Editor in Chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he worked at The Daily as the Executive Editor, Managing Editor of Sports, the football beat reporter and a sports desk editor. George also co-authored The Daily's recent book documenting the rise of Stanford football, "Rags to Roses." He is a junior from Painted Post, NY majoring in Biology. To contact him, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.