Parry knew he wasn't going to play all week and he acted as an extra coach and mentor to Phillips as the week progressed.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says it's good to see explosive TD strikes again because "that's the kind of players we've got.": 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
As coaches, the staff was looking to make the game as simple and fun as possible for offense. "Streamlining" was a word that was used: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw attributes the sacks to great coverage forcing Mannion to not get the ball off more than anything else.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Point blank: what we had been doing wasn't good enough." Shaw about the offense: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says that the world was never crashing down for the team inside the locker room. Never felt that way.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Washington State was close, but for the first time offensively, it felt like us." - Shaw: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 38, Oregon State 14. Final.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Eddie Plantaric in at fullback! Can't remember that happening in the recent past: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

M. Swimming: Former NBAC coach Scott Armstrong hired as assistant coach

Ted Knapp, the Goldman Family Director of Men’s Swimming, announced the hiring of Scott Armstrong as the Cardinal’s new men’s swimming assistant coach on Wednesday.

Armstrong’s impressive coaching resume includes serving as associate head coach at the North Baltimore Aquatic Club, one of the best swimming clubs in the nation at both the age-group and professional levels. Since landing at NBAC in 2003, Armstrong has helped coach Olympic stars Michael Phelps and Katie Hoff, and has also worked with world-class coaches including Bob Bowman and Paul Yetter.

Beyond his club experience, Armstrong was the coach of the junior national team. In 2010, he led the women’s squad to a title at the Junior Pan Pacific Championships.

Armstrong was a standout swimmer and senior captain at Johns Hopkins University prior to his coaching career. The 2003 graduate was an 18-time All-American who also broke the Division-III collegiate record in the 1,650-yard freestyle.

Knapp, the former Cardinal assistant coach, was named head coach in May following Skip Kenney’s retirement.

-George Chen

About George Chen

George Chen is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily who writes football, football and more football. Previously he worked at The Daily as the President and Editor in Chief, Executive Editor, Managing Editor of Sports, the football beat reporter and a sports desk editor. George also co-authored The Daily's recent book documenting the rise of Stanford football, "Rags to Roses." He is a senior from Painted Post, NY majoring in Biology. To contact him, please email at gchen15@stanford.edu.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger