W. Lacrosse: Lauren Schwarzmann hired as assistant coach for women’s lacrosse

July 12, 2012, 1:30 a.m.

Former San Diego State women’s lacrosse assistant coach Lauren Schwarzmann will be joining the Stanford coaching staff for the upcoming season, head coach Amy Bokker confirmed last Friday.

Schwarzmann started her coaching career at Cincinnati, where she served as both the offensive coordinator and director of recruiting for the women’s team. After three seasons with the Bearcats, she took on the role of assistant coach at San Diego State in the team’s first year of existence. Schwarzmann helped the Aztecs finish their inaugural season with a 5-10 overall record and a 2-5 MPSF conference record.

Schwarzmann will be splitting responsibilities with current assistant coach Brooke McKenzie, who has been part of Bokker’s staff for the past three seasons.

As a former player, Schwarzmann was an all-league player at Johns Hopkins University for all four years of her collegiate career. In her senior season in 2008, she was named one of the best women’s lacrosse players in the nation.

George Chen

George Chen is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily who writes football, football and more football. Previously he worked at The Daily as the President and Editor in Chief, Executive Editor, Managing Editor of Sports, the football beat reporter and a sports desk editor. George also co-authored The Daily's recent book documenting the rise of Stanford football, "Rags to Roses." He is a senior from Painted Post, NY majoring in Biology. To contact him, please email at [email protected].