RT @DavidMLombardi: The news out of Stanford presser: LBs Hemschoot, Palma out. Noor Davis expanded depth role vs USC. Lil concerning given…: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Zach Hoffpauir will start at safety opposite Jordan Richards this Saturday for Stanford.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to 13th in the AP poll.: 8 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The Card is now the second-highest Pac-12 team in the Coaches Poll -- UCLA slipped to 11 after its close win against Virginia.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford No. 10 in this week's Coaches Poll.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @samfisher908: Huge props to @davidcohn4 whose call of the @TyMontgomery2 PR TD won him @NCAAFootball student-radio call of the week htt…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Brief: Softball sweeps through DeMarini Invitational in Fullerton

For the second weekend in a row, the Stanford softball team bashed its way past all comers, finishing with a 5-0 record in the past weekend’s Demarini Invitational. In the three-day round robin tournament, the Cardinal defeated Indiana, Northwestern, Florida International, Michigan State and East Carolina by a combined score of 32-4.

Junior Jenna Rich went 3-for-4 with two RBI in Stanford's win over Florida International on Saturday. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

On Friday, No. 10 Stanford (18-3) rode the right arm of junior pitcher Teagan Gerhart to two victories, a 7-3 win over Indiana and 1-0 battle over Northwestern. With the two victories, Gerhart improved her record on the season to 15-1 thanks to her combined 12-strikeout, two-earned run performances.

On Saturday, the Cardinal offense exploded to record a 10-0 blowout win in just five innings against Florida International, with Gerhart again tossing a shutout in her three innings in the circle to pick up her 16th win of the year. In a game full of offensive highlights, sophomore Danielle Miller, who had her first home run of the season, and junior Jenna Rich, who went 3-for-4 with two RBI, stood out for the Cardinal.

Stanford continued its dominant play on Sunday, blowing past Michigan State with an easy 11-0 win in five innings, and closing out the weekend with a 3-1 victory against East Carolina. Once again, Gerhart started both games in the circle and picked up both wins, racking up 10 strikeouts in her 11 innings of work.

The Cardinal now returns to the Bay Area for seven games in a row, starting at Saint Mary’s today before returning to the Farm to host the Louisville Slugger Classic at Smith Family Stadium from March 9-11.