Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Edwards for Skundrich: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford really lacking the last ball: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Vincent collides with heads with a UCI player: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris also back in: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Ty Thompson comes on for Austin Meyer: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
UCI look as though they may be content to try and play for penalties, no one even attempted to get on the end of the last cross: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Brief: Softball sweeps through DeMarini Invitational in Fullerton

For the second weekend in a row, the Stanford softball team bashed its way past all comers, finishing with a 5-0 record in the past weekend’s Demarini Invitational. In the three-day round robin tournament, the Cardinal defeated Indiana, Northwestern, Florida International, Michigan State and East Carolina by a combined score of 32-4.

Junior Jenna Rich went 3-for-4 with two RBI in Stanford's win over Florida International on Saturday. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

On Friday, No. 10 Stanford (18-3) rode the right arm of junior pitcher Teagan Gerhart to two victories, a 7-3 win over Indiana and 1-0 battle over Northwestern. With the two victories, Gerhart improved her record on the season to 15-1 thanks to her combined 12-strikeout, two-earned run performances.

On Saturday, the Cardinal offense exploded to record a 10-0 blowout win in just five innings against Florida International, with Gerhart again tossing a shutout in her three innings in the circle to pick up her 16th win of the year. In a game full of offensive highlights, sophomore Danielle Miller, who had her first home run of the season, and junior Jenna Rich, who went 3-for-4 with two RBI, stood out for the Cardinal.

Stanford continued its dominant play on Sunday, blowing past Michigan State with an easy 11-0 win in five innings, and closing out the weekend with a 3-1 victory against East Carolina. Once again, Gerhart started both games in the circle and picked up both wins, racking up 10 strikeouts in her 11 innings of work.

The Cardinal now returns to the Bay Area for seven games in a row, starting at Saint Mary’s today before returning to the Farm to host the Louisville Slugger Classic at Smith Family Stadium from March 9-11.