Stanford will play No. 1 Wake Forest (16-2-2) at Wake Forest next weekend.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
That's it folks. Stanford gets the 3-1 win off some beautiful goals from Morris (2) and Baird. On to the quarterfinals.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
GOAL STANFORD. Corey Baird puts the game out of reach. Stanford up two with just over 2 minutes to play.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
OSU shot goes wide. Less than 4 to play.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Andrew Epstein has had to be very active tonight. 6 saves so far, ties his season high from 10/18 vs. SDSU.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Things getting physical here at Cagan. Less than 10 to play, Buckeyes fighting to equalize things once more.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
JORDAN. MORRIS. AGAIN. Gorgeous goal to put Stanford back up, 2-1. His 10th of the season, 2nd of the night.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Brief: Softball sweeps through DeMarini Invitational in Fullerton

For the second weekend in a row, the Stanford softball team bashed its way past all comers, finishing with a 5-0 record in the past weekend’s Demarini Invitational. In the three-day round robin tournament, the Cardinal defeated Indiana, Northwestern, Florida International, Michigan State and East Carolina by a combined score of 32-4.

Junior Jenna Rich went 3-for-4 with two RBI in Stanford's win over Florida International on Saturday. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

On Friday, No. 10 Stanford (18-3) rode the right arm of junior pitcher Teagan Gerhart to two victories, a 7-3 win over Indiana and 1-0 battle over Northwestern. With the two victories, Gerhart improved her record on the season to 15-1 thanks to her combined 12-strikeout, two-earned run performances.

On Saturday, the Cardinal offense exploded to record a 10-0 blowout win in just five innings against Florida International, with Gerhart again tossing a shutout in her three innings in the circle to pick up her 16th win of the year. In a game full of offensive highlights, sophomore Danielle Miller, who had her first home run of the season, and junior Jenna Rich, who went 3-for-4 with two RBI, stood out for the Cardinal.

Stanford continued its dominant play on Sunday, blowing past Michigan State with an easy 11-0 win in five innings, and closing out the weekend with a 3-1 victory against East Carolina. Once again, Gerhart started both games in the circle and picked up both wins, racking up 10 strikeouts in her 11 innings of work.

The Cardinal now returns to the Bay Area for seven games in a row, starting at Saint Mary’s today before returning to the Farm to host the Louisville Slugger Classic at Smith Family Stadium from March 9-11.