Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 31 through Feb. 6 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, Jan. 31

During the minute of 5:30 p.m., $140 was taken from a wallet left on a desk in a Jordan Hall office while the victim stepped out.

Wednesday, Feb. 1

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack on the south side of Otero in Wilbur Hall between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 2

A U-locked bike was stolen from outside of Loro in Florence Moore Hall between midnight and 9:45 a.m.

Somebody stole a label printer from a locked vehicle between 5:30 p.m. the previous night and 11 a.m. near the Puichon building. There was no sign of forced entry into the vehicle.

A male was cited and released for providing false information to a police officer at 3:25 p.m. near the intersection of Serra Street and Arguello Way.

An unknown suspect stole an unattended laptop from the Arrillaga Recreation Center between 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.

Three juveniles were cited and released to a parent or guardian after being spotted casing bikes while carrying bolt cutters. The incident, which took place just before 6 p.m., occurred near the bike racks outside of Huang Engineering Center.

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack near the History Corner between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Friday, Feb. 3

Somebody stole a rear tire from a bike locked in a rack outside of the Gates Computer Science Building between noon and 6 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 4

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for being publicly intoxicated near 675 Lomita at 12:30 a.m.

Somebody was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence near the intersection of Bowdoin and Pine Hill at 1:50 a.m.

Sunday, Feb. 5

An unknown suspect tackled a woman from behind, grabbed her ankles, ripped off her stocking and then fled the scene after an unknown witness yelled. The incident occurred at 1:45 a.m. in Kennedy Grove.

An unknown suspect entered a woman’s room in 1018 Campus Drive, climbed on her bed and touched and kissed her before complying with the victim’s request that he leave. The incident occurred at 2 a.m.

An unknown suspect broke a passenger side mirror of a vehicle parked near 670 Lomita between 9:50 a.m. on Feb. 3 and 1 p.m. on Feb. 5. The damage is estimated to be less than $400.

Monday, Feb. 6

An unknown suspect entered a construction site near the intersection of Campus Drive and Lomita Street and stole metal valued at $4,800 between 4 p.m. on Feb. 3 and 8 a.m. on Feb. 6.

A U-locked bike was stolen from outside of Otero in Wilbur Hall between 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 4 and 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 6.

A vehicle was stolen at 10:30 a.m. while parked near Escondido V.

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Kimball Hall between 5 p.m. the previous night and 10:45 a.m.

A combination-locked and chain-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Escondido IV between 4 p.m. on Feb. 4 and 2 p.m. on Feb. 6.

Alice Phillips '15 is Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. Previously, she worked as the paper's Deputy Editor, Chief Copy Editor, a News Desk Editor and a News Staff Writer. Alice is a biology major from Los Angeles, California.