Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 31 through Feb. 6 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, Jan. 31

During the minute of 5:30 p.m., $140 was taken from a wallet left on a desk in a Jordan Hall office while the victim stepped out.

Wednesday, Feb. 1

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack on the south side of Otero in Wilbur Hall between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 2

A U-locked bike was stolen from outside of Loro in Florence Moore Hall between midnight and 9:45 a.m.

Somebody stole a label printer from a locked vehicle between 5:30 p.m. the previous night and 11 a.m. near the Puichon building. There was no sign of forced entry into the vehicle.

A male was cited and released for providing false information to a police officer at 3:25 p.m. near the intersection of Serra Street and Arguello Way.

An unknown suspect stole an unattended laptop from the Arrillaga Recreation Center between 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.

Three juveniles were cited and released to a parent or guardian after being spotted casing bikes while carrying bolt cutters. The incident, which took place just before 6 p.m., occurred near the bike racks outside of Huang Engineering Center.

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack near the History Corner between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Friday, Feb. 3

Somebody stole a rear tire from a bike locked in a rack outside of the Gates Computer Science Building between noon and 6 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 4

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for being publicly intoxicated near 675 Lomita at 12:30 a.m.

Somebody was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence near the intersection of Bowdoin and Pine Hill at 1:50 a.m.

Sunday, Feb. 5

An unknown suspect tackled a woman from behind, grabbed her ankles, ripped off her stocking and then fled the scene after an unknown witness yelled. The incident occurred at 1:45 a.m. in Kennedy Grove.

An unknown suspect entered a woman’s room in 1018 Campus Drive, climbed on her bed and touched and kissed her before complying with the victim’s request that he leave. The incident occurred at 2 a.m.

An unknown suspect broke a passenger side mirror of a vehicle parked near 670 Lomita between 9:50 a.m. on Feb. 3 and 1 p.m. on Feb. 5. The damage is estimated to be less than $400.

Monday, Feb. 6

An unknown suspect entered a construction site near the intersection of Campus Drive and Lomita Street and stole metal valued at $4,800 between 4 p.m. on Feb. 3 and 8 a.m. on Feb. 6.

A U-locked bike was stolen from outside of Otero in Wilbur Hall between 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 4 and 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 6.

A vehicle was stolen at 10:30 a.m. while parked near Escondido V.

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Kimball Hall between 5 p.m. the previous night and 10:45 a.m.

A combination-locked and chain-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Escondido IV between 4 p.m. on Feb. 4 and 2 p.m. on Feb. 6.

About Alice Phillips

Alice Phillips is Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. Previously, she worked as The Daily's Deputy Editor, Chief Copy Editor, News Desk Editor, and News Staff Writer. She is a senior from Los Angeles, CA.