@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ogwumike a finalist for Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award

Two-time All-American Nnemkadi Ogwumike was one of 10 finalists announced Wednesday for the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award.

According to its website, the award is given to a student-athlete who must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence — community, classroom, character and competition.

The finalists were chosen by a media committee from a list of 60 candidates announced in November, and nationwide fan voting now through March 18 will be combined with media and Division I men’s and women’s basketball head coaches’ votes to determine the winner.

The Cypress, Texas, native Ogwumike has put up impressive stats in her final year on the Farm. She leads the Pac-12 in scoring (22.9 ppg) and rebounding (11.2 rpg) and has helped the No. 4 Cardinal to a 17-1 overall record, putting it on track to win its 12th consecutive conference title.

Additionally, Ogwumike is busy rewriting the Stanford record books, moving into fifth place all-time on the Cardinal’s career scoring and rebounding lists while becoming just the fourth player in Stanford history to join the 2,000 point/1,000 rebound club on Jan. 7.

Stanford will take on rival California at Maples Pavilion on Saturday with a chance to increase its lead in the conference with a little over a month to go before the NCAA Tournament.

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.