Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 15 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
First and goal Stanford with 29 seconds remaining. Let's see which team wants it more.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Another catch for Arcega-Whiteside, who is now Stanford's second leading reciver: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Trenton Irwin has 20 more yards than the rest of Stanford combined.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford gets the stop. Cardinal have 2:05, no timeouts, need a touchdown.: 16 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Ogwumike a finalist for Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award

Two-time All-American Nnemkadi Ogwumike was one of 10 finalists announced Wednesday for the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award.

According to its website, the award is given to a student-athlete who must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence — community, classroom, character and competition.

The finalists were chosen by a media committee from a list of 60 candidates announced in November, and nationwide fan voting now through March 18 will be combined with media and Division I men’s and women’s basketball head coaches’ votes to determine the winner.

The Cypress, Texas, native Ogwumike has put up impressive stats in her final year on the Farm. She leads the Pac-12 in scoring (22.9 ppg) and rebounding (11.2 rpg) and has helped the No. 4 Cardinal to a 17-1 overall record, putting it on track to win its 12th consecutive conference title.

Additionally, Ogwumike is busy rewriting the Stanford record books, moving into fifth place all-time on the Cardinal’s career scoring and rebounding lists while becoming just the fourth player in Stanford history to join the 2,000 point/1,000 rebound club on Jan. 7.

Stanford will take on rival California at Maples Pavilion on Saturday with a chance to increase its lead in the conference with a little over a month to go before the NCAA Tournament.

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.