RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Edwards for Skundrich: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford really lacking the last ball: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Vincent collides with heads with a UCI player: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris also back in: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ogwumike a finalist for Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award

Two-time All-American Nnemkadi Ogwumike was one of 10 finalists announced Wednesday for the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award.

According to its website, the award is given to a student-athlete who must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence — community, classroom, character and competition.

The finalists were chosen by a media committee from a list of 60 candidates announced in November, and nationwide fan voting now through March 18 will be combined with media and Division I men’s and women’s basketball head coaches’ votes to determine the winner.

The Cypress, Texas, native Ogwumike has put up impressive stats in her final year on the Farm. She leads the Pac-12 in scoring (22.9 ppg) and rebounding (11.2 rpg) and has helped the No. 4 Cardinal to a 17-1 overall record, putting it on track to win its 12th consecutive conference title.

Additionally, Ogwumike is busy rewriting the Stanford record books, moving into fifth place all-time on the Cardinal’s career scoring and rebounding lists while becoming just the fourth player in Stanford history to join the 2,000 point/1,000 rebound club on Jan. 7.

Stanford will take on rival California at Maples Pavilion on Saturday with a chance to increase its lead in the conference with a little over a month to go before the NCAA Tournament.

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.