Hausam named Bing Concert Hall managing director

Wiley Hausam, executive director of the Performing Arts Center at Purchase College, was named the inaugural managing director of Bing Concert Hall, to be effective Feb. 1.

“Wiley brings a depth of experience overseeing performing arts organizations and an enthusiasm for the importance of the performing arts in the life of the university,” said Matthew Tiews, Stanford’s executive director of arts programs, in a statement.

Hausam will manage the operations and management of Bing Concert Hall, in addition to coordinating programming. The hall, expected to open in Jan. 2013, will be used by student groups and Stanford departments for performances.

In addition to his duties with Bing Concert Hall, Hausam will work with the Stanford Arts Initiative to help promote the arts around campus.

“It is a pleasure to welcome Wiley to Stanford, and I look forward to working with him as we count down to the opening of the hall,” said Jenny Bilfield, director of Stanford Lively Arts.

Stanford hopes the Bing Concert Hall will develop into a showcase for local artists and student groups, as well as being a valuable rehearsal venue for the music and drama departments. According to the University, the hall will be the main venue for presentations and performances by any visiting artists, as well as campus and off-campus programs.

– Brendan O’Byrne