Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 15 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 21 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 23 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 23 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 24 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 24 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 25 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 33 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Noyola, Derrick named Pac-12 Scholar-Athletes of Year

Men’s cross country star Chris Derrick and women’s soccer standout Teresa Noyola got some good news Wednesday when they were both named Pac-12 Scholar-Athletes of the Year in their respective sports.

Fresh off his runner-up finish at last week’s NCAA Championships, Derrick will end his collegiate career as just the sixth athlete in history to finish in the top-10 at the championship meet all four years, as well as being an 11-time All-American in cross country and track and field.

A native of Naperville, Ill., Derrick is an economics major and carries a 3.86 grade-point average.

Noyola is on track to graduate in the spring with a degree in math and computational science, and the Palo Alto native sports a 3.52 GPA. With eight goals and 14 assists this season, she has again helped lead the No. 1 Cardinal to its fourth-straight College Cup this weekend.

Along with being undefeated in her career at home, Noyola is a three-time First Team All-Pac-12 selection — both Derrick and Noyola are previous Pac-10 All-Academic team honorees.

-Miles Bennett-Smith

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.