Shaw on how he expects the team to respond: "I've got a locker room full of Stanford guys. They're leaders...I expect them to bounce back.": 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're going to attack like we're 0-12...but not overreact.": 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "They played extremely well...We got ourselves behind the eight ball." Identified third down and noise as big problems: 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Total domination from the Huskies tonight. Chris Petersen and his staff deserve a lot of credit for coming out firing and never letting up: 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Isaiah Brandt-Sims records his first career catch in his home state: 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford came into this game having allowed 3 total TDs. Cardinal have given up 6 tonight: 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Huskies add another touchdown. First time Stanford has surrendered over 40 points since 2014 at Oregon. UW leads 44-6.: 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
KJ Carta-Samuels in at QB. Inherits a very different situation compares to last year: 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford rolling in second unit on the defensive line here: 13 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Noyola, Derrick named Pac-12 Scholar-Athletes of Year

Men’s cross country star Chris Derrick and women’s soccer standout Teresa Noyola got some good news Wednesday when they were both named Pac-12 Scholar-Athletes of the Year in their respective sports.

Fresh off his runner-up finish at last week’s NCAA Championships, Derrick will end his collegiate career as just the sixth athlete in history to finish in the top-10 at the championship meet all four years, as well as being an 11-time All-American in cross country and track and field.

A native of Naperville, Ill., Derrick is an economics major and carries a 3.86 grade-point average.

Noyola is on track to graduate in the spring with a degree in math and computational science, and the Palo Alto native sports a 3.52 GPA. With eight goals and 14 assists this season, she has again helped lead the No. 1 Cardinal to its fourth-straight College Cup this weekend.

Along with being undefeated in her career at home, Noyola is a three-time First Team All-Pac-12 selection — both Derrick and Noyola are previous Pac-10 All-Academic team honorees.

Miles Bennett-Smith

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.