Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports

BRIEF: Media unanimously picks Stanford women’s basketball to win Pac-12

(SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

First the coaches, and now the media, have chosen the No. 5 Stanford women’s basketball team to capture its 11th consecutive conference title in the inaugural Pac-12 season. In the Preseason Media Poll, released by the conference on Tuesday, the Cardinal received all 11 first-place votes for 131 total points.

Behind the Card, USC was the unanimous second-place choice with 121 points, followed by California (107 points), UCLA (96), Arizona State (79) and Utah (73). Oregon (59), Arizona (58), Washington State (45), Washington (38), Oregon (State) and Colorado (23) rounded out the media’s preseason rankings.

Additionally, the media chose a five-player Preseason All-Pac-12 team. Standout sisters Nnemkadi and Chiney Ogwumike were among the selections, along with Arizona’s Davellyn Whyte and USC’s Ashley Corral and Briana Gilbreath.

Stanford will kick off its season against No. 24 Texas this Friday in Austin at 5 p.m.

–Caroline Caselli

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.