Parry knew he wasn't going to play all week and he acted as an extra coach and mentor to Phillips as the week progressed.: 16 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says it's good to see explosive TD strikes again because "that's the kind of players we've got.": 17 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
As coaches, the staff was looking to make the game as simple and fun as possible for offense. "Streamlining" was a word that was used: 20 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw attributes the sacks to great coverage forcing Mannion to not get the ball off more than anything else.: 21 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Point blank: what we had been doing wasn't good enough." Shaw about the offense: 24 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says that the world was never crashing down for the team inside the locker room. Never felt that way.: 29 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Washington State was close, but for the first time offensively, it felt like us." - Shaw: 31 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 38, Oregon State 14. Final.: 46 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Eddie Plantaric in at fullback! Can't remember that happening in the recent past: 54 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Media unanimously picks Stanford women’s basketball to win Pac-12

(SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

First the coaches, and now the media, have chosen the No. 5 Stanford women’s basketball team to capture its 11th consecutive conference title in the inaugural Pac-12 season. In the Preseason Media Poll, released by the conference on Tuesday, the Cardinal received all 11 first-place votes for 131 total points.

Behind the Card, USC was the unanimous second-place choice with 121 points, followed by California (107 points), UCLA (96), Arizona State (79) and Utah (73). Oregon (59), Arizona (58), Washington State (45), Washington (38), Oregon (State) and Colorado (23) rounded out the media’s preseason rankings.

Additionally, the media chose a five-player Preseason All-Pac-12 team. Standout sisters Nnemkadi and Chiney Ogwumike were among the selections, along with Arizona’s Davellyn Whyte and USC’s Ashley Corral and Briana Gilbreath.

Stanford will kick off its season against No. 24 Texas this Friday in Austin at 5 p.m.

–Caroline Caselli

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger