Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford will have four seconds to make some magic happen. Unlikely but, hey, it's college football.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports

BRIEF: Media unanimously picks Stanford women’s basketball to win Pac-12

(SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

First the coaches, and now the media, have chosen the No. 5 Stanford women’s basketball team to capture its 11th consecutive conference title in the inaugural Pac-12 season. In the Preseason Media Poll, released by the conference on Tuesday, the Cardinal received all 11 first-place votes for 131 total points.

Behind the Card, USC was the unanimous second-place choice with 121 points, followed by California (107 points), UCLA (96), Arizona State (79) and Utah (73). Oregon (59), Arizona (58), Washington State (45), Washington (38), Oregon (State) and Colorado (23) rounded out the media’s preseason rankings.

Additionally, the media chose a five-player Preseason All-Pac-12 team. Standout sisters Nnemkadi and Chiney Ogwumike were among the selections, along with Arizona’s Davellyn Whyte and USC’s Ashley Corral and Briana Gilbreath.

Stanford will kick off its season against No. 24 Texas this Friday in Austin at 5 p.m.

–Caroline Caselli

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.