Stanford Federal Credit Union upgrades

The Stanford Federal Credit Union (FCU) announced that it upgraded its relational core platform, used to process deposit and transaction accounts, to Open Solutions Inc.’s “premier core solution” DNA. The $1.2-billion, 47,000-member credit union had been using one of Open Solutions’ older core processing solutions, Wealthview Banking System, since 1999.

Stanford FCU said it will run DNA in-house alongside additional solutions, including DNAvoice, DNAmobile, DNAweb, and other document management, business intelligence and marketing software.

“The best practices that we gain from this upgrade will allow us to better serve our community, become more relevant to the market and help support our growth, allowing us to ultimately take our business to the next level,” FCU senior vice president and chief information officer Jim Phillips said in a statement released by Open Solutions.

“As the first institution to offer online banking, Stanford FCU has a proud history of employing cutting-edge technology to serve its community,” Open Solutions Chairman and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. said in the same release. “Stanford FCU is not only a technology pioneer, but it is also a very well-respected institution. As our client community continues to grow, Stanford FCU has the ability to extend its innovative heritage by collaborating with other banks and credit unions using the DNA platform in limitless new ways.”

– Billy Gallagher