RT @speedracer13193: "Tonight we will enjoy our feast, but tomorrow is when we really eat." -Coach Turley: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @UWVolleyball 3, @StanfordWVB 1 (25-18, 25-21, 23-25, 25-20). Card drops first match of the year, falling to 28-1, …: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Of the 17 teams that went undefeated in the reg. season, only 5 went unbeaten in the tourney to become nat'l champs (most r…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: This week, @StanfordWVB will look to become the 18th DI team to go undefeated in the regular season since @NCAAVolleyball b…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing earns NCAA berth

Stanford was one of 16 schools invited to the NCAA Women’s Rowing Championships yesterday. The No. 3 Cardinal is one of the five Pac-10 schools headed to the championships May 27-29 on Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif. The other Pac-10 competitors are Cal, USC, Washington and Washington State.

Joining the five Pac-10 schools will be Virginia, Brown, Clemson, Dartmouth, Harvard, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Princeton, Wisconsin and Yale. Virginia is the defending NCAA champion. Each team must field boats in the I Eight, II Eight and Four classes.

Stanford placed second in the Pac-10 Championships at Lake Natoma last weekend. The Cardinal’s II Eight boat won its second straight conference title while the I Eight team finished second.

The Cardinal finished fourth in last year’s championships and won its only national title in 2009.