@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing earns NCAA berth

Stanford was one of 16 schools invited to the NCAA Women’s Rowing Championships yesterday. The No. 3 Cardinal is one of the five Pac-10 schools headed to the championships May 27-29 on Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif. The other Pac-10 competitors are Cal, USC, Washington and Washington State.

Joining the five Pac-10 schools will be Virginia, Brown, Clemson, Dartmouth, Harvard, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Princeton, Wisconsin and Yale. Virginia is the defending NCAA champion. Each team must field boats in the I Eight, II Eight and Four classes.

Stanford placed second in the Pac-10 Championships at Lake Natoma last weekend. The Cardinal’s II Eight boat won its second straight conference title while the I Eight team finished second.

The Cardinal finished fourth in last year’s championships and won its only national title in 2009.