Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports

BRIEF: Women’s rowing earns NCAA berth

Stanford was one of 16 schools invited to the NCAA Women’s Rowing Championships yesterday. The No. 3 Cardinal is one of the five Pac-10 schools headed to the championships May 27-29 on Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif. The other Pac-10 competitors are Cal, USC, Washington and Washington State.

Joining the five Pac-10 schools will be Virginia, Brown, Clemson, Dartmouth, Harvard, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Princeton, Wisconsin and Yale. Virginia is the defending NCAA champion. Each team must field boats in the I Eight, II Eight and Four classes.

Stanford placed second in the Pac-10 Championships at Lake Natoma last weekend. The Cardinal’s II Eight boat won its second straight conference title while the I Eight team finished second.

The Cardinal finished fourth in last year’s championships and won its only national title in 2009.