RT @dohyoungpark: Hearing from camp that senior LB @CraigJones_30 has been put on full scholarship. Nobody doubts for a second he's earned …: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The SEC beat out the Pac-12 for number of teams in preseason AP Top 25 by two (8 to 6). No other conference had more than 3 teams included.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordFball earns No. 21 preseason ranking in AP poll. 5 other Pac-12 schools (Oregon, USC, UCLA, ASU, Arizona) are in the AP Top 25.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing earns NCAA berth

Stanford was one of 16 schools invited to the NCAA Women’s Rowing Championships yesterday. The No. 3 Cardinal is one of the five Pac-10 schools headed to the championships May 27-29 on Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif. The other Pac-10 competitors are Cal, USC, Washington and Washington State.

Joining the five Pac-10 schools will be Virginia, Brown, Clemson, Dartmouth, Harvard, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Princeton, Wisconsin and Yale. Virginia is the defending NCAA champion. Each team must field boats in the I Eight, II Eight and Four classes.

Stanford placed second in the Pac-10 Championships at Lake Natoma last weekend. The Cardinal’s II Eight boat won its second straight conference title while the I Eight team finished second.

The Cardinal finished fourth in last year’s championships and won its only national title in 2009.