Breaking News

RT @KeithHennessey: @Stanford makes a great pick: @RichardEngel for commencement speaker.: 3 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @McFaul: Congrats @RichardEngel on being selected as the 2015 commencement speaker @Stanford ! See you in June.: 3 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @vrjbndr: Stanford 2015 Commencement speaker is @RichardEngel! Very excited.: 3 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
Richard Engel, the chief foreign news correspondent for NBC, chosen to deliver Class of 2015 Commencement speech.: 4 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: Director Ken Savage talks about much-anticipated musical "Hairspray" and the representation of minorities in theatre ht…: 24 hours ago, The Stanford Daily

Public Safety releases updated description of attacker

An unidentified male suspect was reported to have entered an Escondido Village apartment and sexually assaulted a female resident sleeping in her bed last Saturday. The Stanford Department of Public Safety, which has been investigating the case with the help of the Palo Alto Police Department, released yesterday a detailed description of the attacker in an email to the Stanford community.

After further reflection, the victim now believes that the suspect, who police think entered the premises through an unlocked door, is a dark-skinned man of Asian-Indian descent. He is believed to be 5’6” with a round nose, short, wavy black hair and a chubby build. The victim said the attacker was approximately 30 years old and smelled of apples at the time of the attack.

A PAPD K-9 tracked the suspect’s scent from the apartment to a locale around El Camino and Churchill street, but his exact whereabouts have not yet been determined. He was last seen in a dark shirt and jeans.