Police blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from April 1 to April 5, as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety Bulletin.

A series of bike thefts occurred throughout campus, and several minors were charged with being in possession of alcohol during this period.

Friday, April 1

At 4:15 p.m. a woman reported that a man was acting suspiciously while riding the Marguerite. She said the man was sitting too close to her, making her feel uncomfortable.

Between 7:45 p.m. and 7:55 p.m. a bike was stolen from where it was, leaning against a fence at Old Union.

At 9:50 p.m. a man at Santa Teresa Street and Lomita Drive was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At 10:15 p.m. a juvenile at 436 Mayfield Avenue got the party started really early and was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol. He was released to his father — ales well that ends well.

Saturday, April 2

At 2:24 a.m. unknown suspects attempted to enter a dormitory room in Rains. When confronted, they fled on foot. There were also four other males outside the room.

Between 12:15 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. someone vandalized a parked car at the 800 block of Stanford Avenue by scratching the paint with an unknown sharp object.

At 7 p.m. someone reported that their cable- and U-locked bike was stolen from the west side of Branner Hall.

At 11:40 p.m. a man at Nathan Abbott Way and Lane A was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At 11:55 p.m. a man at Bowdoin Lane and Arguello Way was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol. He was reportedly so drunk that he barley noticed.

Sunday, April 3

At 12:20 a.m. another man at Nathan Abbott Way and Lane A was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol. Though the fine was stout, he said he’d worry about it lager.

At 12:50 a.m. someone threw a glass vodka bottle at a second floor window in Soto. No injuries were reported.

Between 3:50 a.m. and 3:55 a.m. a man at Campus Drive and Mayfield Avenue was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

At 11:03 a.m. a woman was cited and released for throwing an object at a moving vehicle.

At 8:39 p.m. an unlocked bike was stolen from Building 50.

Between 8 p.m. and midnight an unlocked bike was stolen from the McCullough Building.

Between 9:55 p.m. and 10:21 p.m. someone trespassed Stanford Stadium by climbing the perimeter fence and attempted to steal two Stanford emblem signs at the top level of the stadium press box, vandalizing them in the process.

Monday, April 4

At 6:15 p.m. a woman was cited and released for shoplifting at the bookstore.

Between 2:25 p.m. Friday and 7:10 a.m. Monday someone who was chilly stole a quilt from the Packard Building.

Tuesday, April 5

Between 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. someone stole items from an unattended backpack at Avery Aquatic Center.

Between 6 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday someone stole a cable-locked bike from the front of Parking Structure 2.