Police blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Mar. 17 to Mar. 31 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Several vehicle and office burglaries occurred during this period.

Thursday, Mar. 17

Between 7:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. someone stole an unattended bag from an office inside the Keck Building and attempted to use the credit cards inside at the Apple Store, located in the Stanford Shopping Center.

Between 10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. unknown suspects entered a non-public area on the third floor of the Arrillaga Alumni Center, stealing personal property from two people there.

Friday, Mar. 18

At 1:34 a.m. a man in the parking lot of 125 Blackwelder Court was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for being drunk in public and assaulting a police officer.

Sunday, Mar. 20

At 11:40 p.m. several people were seen around a fire burning behind Jenkins House. They fled on foot when approached by police.

Tuesday, Mar. 22

SUDPS responded to a 4:37 a.m. fire alarm at the Packard Building and found that the building was flooded by a hot water pipe. There appeared to be major water damage.

At 3 p.m. a woman was cited and released for using the five-fingered discount at the Stanford Bookstore.

Friday, Mar. 25

At 5:08 a.m. the emergency sprinkler system at Manzanita dining hall began spraying water, causing the floor to fill with up to one inch of standing water before the sprinklers were shut off.

Between 3 a.m. and 8 a.m. at 834 Esplanada Way, unknown suspects broke into a locked vehicle by breaking the right front passenger window and stole several packages.

At 10:15 a.m. a man was cited and released on an outstanding warrant out of Santa Clara County.

Between 3:45 p.m. and 11:20 p.m. unknown suspects entered a parked vehicle at 625 Nelson Road and stole several items. Antoine Dodson was heard advising the public to hide their cars in addition to their kids, wives and husbands.

Sunday, Mar. 27

At 2:35 a.m. an aborted early April Fools’ Day prank was found in the form of an abandoned Stanford Athletics vehicle. The car was parked at 675 Lomita Drive and contained several stolen street signs.

Between 1:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. someone damaged four windows attached to the French doors of Sigma Chi. The cause of the damage remains unknown.

Between 11 p.m. and midnight, someone looking to update their wardrobe stole two victims’ laundry from the dryers in Escondido III.

Monday, Mar. 28

At 2:45 a.m. a woman was cited and released on an outstanding warrant out of San Francisco.

Between 2:18 p.m. and 2:20 p.m. someone stole money from a woman’s purse in her office at the Native American Cultural Center.