Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: 17 players to participate in Stanford Pro Day (UPDATE)

UPDATE (3/16): The football office has clarified the original list of participants. Ryan Whalen will take part in the pro day activities. Will Powers and Clinton Snyder will not.

A mix of 2011 and 2010 Stanford football alumni will take part in the Cardinal’s pro timing day on March 17. The athletes will take part in drills in front of numerous NFL coaches and scouts; last year, 30 of the league’s 32 teams were in attendance.

Of the 17 players, 15 were on Stanford’s Orange Bowl squad: linebacker Chike Amajoyi, center Chase Beeler, defensive end Brian Bulcke, defensive tackle Siona Fua, offensive tackle Derek Hall, fullback/linebacker Owen Marecic, offensive guard Andrew Phillips, safety Taylor Skaufel, cornerback Richard Sherman, wide receiver Doug Baldwin, tight end Konrad Reuland, linebacker Thomas Keiser, kicker Nate Whitaker, quarterback Alex Loukas and long-snapper Zach Nolan. They’re joined by two alumni who graduated after the 2009 season: linebackers Will Powers and Clinton Snyder.

Notably omitted from the list was Ryan Whalen, one of four Cardinal players invited to the NFL Combine. Stanford media relations had no immediate explanation for Whalen’s absence.

Drills will take place Thursday at Elliot Field on the synthetic turf where the Cardinal holds practice. It is a similar surface to the one used at the Combine, which the Pro Day aims to emulate. There will also be evaluations in the weight room and classroom tests.

• fan

Ryan Whalen had an extremely good combine. He has little to gain from participating in senior day, and likely already has a draft promise from an NFL team.