RT @StanfordFball: Stanford ranks No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense (4.3 ppg), total defense (204.3 ypg) and passing defense (66.0 ypg…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 35, Army 0. Final.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Looks like Stanford will preserve the shutout.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan connects with Montgomery for a 32-yard TD pass with 6:09 left: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery was down on the ground for a bit longer than normal. Looks like he's okay though.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tarpley doing what he's best at: pass coverage: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Great block by Johnny Caspers on the TD run.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery gets into the end zone out of the Wildcat. Stanford up 28-0 with 11:35 left in the game.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will take over at the Army 35.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: 17 players to participate in Stanford Pro Day (UPDATE)

UPDATE (3/16): The football office has clarified the original list of participants. Ryan Whalen will take part in the pro day activities. Will Powers and Clinton Snyder will not.

A mix of 2011 and 2010 Stanford football alumni will take part in the Cardinal’s pro timing day on March 17. The athletes will take part in drills in front of numerous NFL coaches and scouts; last year, 30 of the league’s 32 teams were in attendance.

Of the 17 players, 15 were on Stanford’s Orange Bowl squad: linebacker Chike Amajoyi, center Chase Beeler, defensive end Brian Bulcke, defensive tackle Siona Fua, offensive tackle Derek Hall, fullback/linebacker Owen Marecic, offensive guard Andrew Phillips, safety Taylor Skaufel, cornerback Richard Sherman, wide receiver Doug Baldwin, tight end Konrad Reuland, linebacker Thomas Keiser, kicker Nate Whitaker, quarterback Alex Loukas and long-snapper Zach Nolan. They’re joined by two alumni who graduated after the 2009 season: linebackers Will Powers and Clinton Snyder.

Notably omitted from the list was Ryan Whalen, one of four Cardinal players invited to the NFL Combine. Stanford media relations had no immediate explanation for Whalen’s absence.

Drills will take place Thursday at Elliot Field on the synthetic turf where the Cardinal holds practice. It is a similar surface to the one used at the Combine, which the Pro Day aims to emulate. There will also be evaluations in the weight room and classroom tests.

• fan

Ryan Whalen had an extremely good combine. He has little to gain from participating in senior day, and likely already has a draft promise from an NFL team.