79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: 17 players to participate in Stanford Pro Day (UPDATE)

UPDATE (3/16): The football office has clarified the original list of participants. Ryan Whalen will take part in the pro day activities. Will Powers and Clinton Snyder will not.

A mix of 2011 and 2010 Stanford football alumni will take part in the Cardinal’s pro timing day on March 17. The athletes will take part in drills in front of numerous NFL coaches and scouts; last year, 30 of the league’s 32 teams were in attendance.

Of the 17 players, 15 were on Stanford’s Orange Bowl squad: linebacker Chike Amajoyi, center Chase Beeler, defensive end Brian Bulcke, defensive tackle Siona Fua, offensive tackle Derek Hall, fullback/linebacker Owen Marecic, offensive guard Andrew Phillips, safety Taylor Skaufel, cornerback Richard Sherman, wide receiver Doug Baldwin, tight end Konrad Reuland, linebacker Thomas Keiser, kicker Nate Whitaker, quarterback Alex Loukas and long-snapper Zach Nolan. They’re joined by two alumni who graduated after the 2009 season: linebackers Will Powers and Clinton Snyder.

Notably omitted from the list was Ryan Whalen, one of four Cardinal players invited to the NFL Combine. Stanford media relations had no immediate explanation for Whalen’s absence.

Drills will take place Thursday at Elliot Field on the synthetic turf where the Cardinal holds practice. It is a similar surface to the one used at the Combine, which the Pro Day aims to emulate. There will also be evaluations in the weight room and classroom tests.

• fan

Ryan Whalen had an extremely good combine. He has little to gain from participating in senior day, and likely already has a draft promise from an NFL team.