Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Football: 17 players to participate in Stanford Pro Day (UPDATE)

UPDATE (3/16): The football office has clarified the original list of participants. Ryan Whalen will take part in the pro day activities. Will Powers and Clinton Snyder will not.

A mix of 2011 and 2010 Stanford football alumni will take part in the Cardinal’s pro timing day on March 17. The athletes will take part in drills in front of numerous NFL coaches and scouts; last year, 30 of the league’s 32 teams were in attendance.

Of the 17 players, 15 were on Stanford’s Orange Bowl squad: linebacker Chike Amajoyi, center Chase Beeler, defensive end Brian Bulcke, defensive tackle Siona Fua, offensive tackle Derek Hall, fullback/linebacker Owen Marecic, offensive guard Andrew Phillips, safety Taylor Skaufel, cornerback Richard Sherman, wide receiver Doug Baldwin, tight end Konrad Reuland, linebacker Thomas Keiser, kicker Nate Whitaker, quarterback Alex Loukas and long-snapper Zach Nolan. They’re joined by two alumni who graduated after the 2009 season: linebackers Will Powers and Clinton Snyder.

Notably omitted from the list was Ryan Whalen, one of four Cardinal players invited to the NFL Combine. Stanford media relations had no immediate explanation for Whalen’s absence.

Drills will take place Thursday at Elliot Field on the synthetic turf where the Cardinal holds practice. It is a similar surface to the one used at the Combine, which the Pro Day aims to emulate. There will also be evaluations in the weight room and classroom tests.

• fan

Ryan Whalen had an extremely good combine. He has little to gain from participating in senior day, and likely already has a draft promise from an NFL team.