Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Stanford football ticket sales up more than 200 percent

Stanford football is already reaping the benefits of arguably its best season in history. The Peninsula Press reported yesterday that early sales of season tickets are up 206 percent from last year.

As of mid-February, the Stanford ticket office had sold 1,400 new season tickets for the 2011 season. Last year, it took until June for Stanford to sell just 458 new plans.

Stanford finished its 2010 season 12-1 and ranked No. 4 in the nation. The Cardinal defeated Virginia Tech, 40-12, in the Orange Bowl to close out its historic year. Although head coach Jim Harbaugh left the Farm for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers, star quarterback Andrew Luck is returning to school for his redshirt-junior season. He will likely enter the 2011 season as the Heisman Trophy favorite.

In addition to last season’s success, Stanford football has a marquee home schedule next season featuring Cal, Oregon and Notre Dame. Stanford also amped up marketing because of last year’s play.

The Cardinal’s fan presence ranked ninth in the Pac-10 last season, with about 40,000 spectators per game.