Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford football ticket sales up more than 200 percent

Stanford football is already reaping the benefits of arguably its best season in history. The Peninsula Press reported yesterday that early sales of season tickets are up 206 percent from last year.

As of mid-February, the Stanford ticket office had sold 1,400 new season tickets for the 2011 season. Last year, it took until June for Stanford to sell just 458 new plans.

Stanford finished its 2010 season 12-1 and ranked No. 4 in the nation. The Cardinal defeated Virginia Tech, 40-12, in the Orange Bowl to close out its historic year. Although head coach Jim Harbaugh left the Farm for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers, star quarterback Andrew Luck is returning to school for his redshirt-junior season. He will likely enter the 2011 season as the Heisman Trophy favorite.

In addition to last season’s success, Stanford football has a marquee home schedule next season featuring Cal, Oregon and Notre Dame. Stanford also amped up marketing because of last year’s play.

The Cardinal’s fan presence ranked ninth in the Pac-10 last season, with about 40,000 spectators per game.