Shaw says front seven making up for lack of size with plenty of speed and quickness. Specific praise for Alfieri and Scarlett.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw: "Everybody in our conference can beat everybody in our conference. It's the Wild West every single week.": 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
On Hogan: "if he gets that ankle healthy, he once again becomes a dual threat in the pocket." Makes the bye week more important.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: Shaw: "We need this bye." Doesn't think a bye week will slow down the team's roll.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw individually praised McCaffrey, Sanders, Love and Wright. Clearly very pleased with his backfield.: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw on Hogan: "He's playing the best football of his career.": 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Well that's just about it folks. Stanford improves to 4-1, 3-0 in Pac-12. Your final score from Stanford Stadium: Stanford 55 - Arizona 17.: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Chryst has Risen. The sophomore QB to Stallworth, the first TD for both of them. Stanford breaks into the 50s, 4:03 to play.: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford football ticket sales up more than 200 percent

Stanford football is already reaping the benefits of arguably its best season in history. The Peninsula Press reported yesterday that early sales of season tickets are up 206 percent from last year.

As of mid-February, the Stanford ticket office had sold 1,400 new season tickets for the 2011 season. Last year, it took until June for Stanford to sell just 458 new plans.

Stanford finished its 2010 season 12-1 and ranked No. 4 in the nation. The Cardinal defeated Virginia Tech, 40-12, in the Orange Bowl to close out its historic year. Although head coach Jim Harbaugh left the Farm for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers, star quarterback Andrew Luck is returning to school for his redshirt-junior season. He will likely enter the 2011 season as the Heisman Trophy favorite.

In addition to last season’s success, Stanford football has a marquee home schedule next season featuring Cal, Oregon and Notre Dame. Stanford also amped up marketing because of last year’s play.

The Cardinal’s fan presence ranked ninth in the Pac-10 last season, with about 40,000 spectators per game.