Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
First and goal Stanford with 29 seconds remaining. Let's see which team wants it more.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Another catch for Arcega-Whiteside, who is now Stanford's second leading reciver: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Trenton Irwin has 20 more yards than the rest of Stanford combined.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford gets the stop. Cardinal have 2:05, no timeouts, need a touchdown.: 9 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Stanford football ticket sales up more than 200 percent

Stanford football is already reaping the benefits of arguably its best season in history. The Peninsula Press reported yesterday that early sales of season tickets are up 206 percent from last year.

As of mid-February, the Stanford ticket office had sold 1,400 new season tickets for the 2011 season. Last year, it took until June for Stanford to sell just 458 new plans.

Stanford finished its 2010 season 12-1 and ranked No. 4 in the nation. The Cardinal defeated Virginia Tech, 40-12, in the Orange Bowl to close out its historic year. Although head coach Jim Harbaugh left the Farm for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers, star quarterback Andrew Luck is returning to school for his redshirt-junior season. He will likely enter the 2011 season as the Heisman Trophy favorite.

In addition to last season’s success, Stanford football has a marquee home schedule next season featuring Cal, Oregon and Notre Dame. Stanford also amped up marketing because of last year’s play.

The Cardinal’s fan presence ranked ninth in the Pac-10 last season, with about 40,000 spectators per game.