RT @catzdong: Relevant: @Stanford_Daily op-ed by @CoryBooker published in 1992 shortly after the controversial Rodney King verdict http://t…: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily
Maya Krishnan '15 and Emily Witt '15 are 2015 Rhodes Scholars! That brings the @Stanford Rhodes count to 114.: 5 days ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: John Barton talks to the @Stanford_Daily about Stanford's future "trans-disciplinary" Architectural Design program. htt…: 6 days ago, The Stanford Daily

Three scientists named fellows of American Physics Society

Three Stanford scientists — two professors and one research scientist — are slated to join the ranks of the American Physical Society (APS), according to an announcement released Tuesday. Associate professor of materials science and engineering Mark Brongersma, senior research scientist Igor Moskalenko and mechanical engineering professor Juan Santiago will join more than 200 other 2010 fellows.

Brongersma, whose lab specializes in building and studying nanoscale electronic and photonic materials such as optical sensors, was selected for his pioneering work in plasmonics and silicon nanophotonics.

Moskalenko works as a senior research scientist in the Hanson Experimental Physics Laboratory (HEPL) and the Kavli Institute for Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology. He was nominated for his work in gamma-ray astronomy and for making computations of high-energy charged particle and gamma radiation from the galaxy available to the astrophysics community at large.

Santiago directs the Stanford Microfluidics Laboratory. He was selected for his work in discovering new measurement methods and new ways to characterize and explain electrically driven flow instabilities.

Ivy Nguyen