RT @jjarcega_22: Blessed to officially be committed to Stanford University!! #GoCard #NerdGang #Cali 🌲♦️🏈🙏: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

M. Basketball: Stanford falls to Wash. St., 61-58

The Stanford men’s basketball team came up just short against Washington State (13-5, 3-3 Pac-10) on Saturday night, suffering its first home defeat of the season, 61-58. A Jeremy Green desperation three-pointer to force the game into overtime bounced off the back of the rim as the buzzer sounded.

The Card (10-6, 3-2) entered the second half with a nine-point lead, but was unable to contain Cougar junior guards Klay Thompson and Faisal Aiden, who combined for 41 points. Thompson, who entered the game averaging a conference-best 23.1 points per game, was held in check in the first half due to defensive pressure by Stanford and early foul trouble—however, he became more aggressive in the second period and proved too difficult to handle.

“I thought they outplayed us,” said head coach Johnny Dawkins. “They gave a winning effort and won the game. I thought Klay Thompson and Faisal Aden really stepped up and gave some good contributions to their team. We all learn from our losses and unfortunately we took one tonight.”

Junior guard Green had 13 points to lead Stanford, and freshman wing Anthony Brown added 12 points, all off of three-pointers. Redshirt junior forward Josh Owens also contributed 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, and Owens and freshman forward Dwight Powell were the night’s leading rebounders, grabbing 10 boards apiece.

Next weekend, the Card will travel south to Los Angeles to take on USC and UCLA on Thursday and Saturday, respectively. Check back with StanfordDaily.com later for full coverage and analysis.