Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Edwards for Skundrich: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford really lacking the last ball: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Vincent collides with heads with a UCI player: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris also back in: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Ty Thompson comes on for Austin Meyer: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
UCI look as though they may be content to try and play for penalties, no one even attempted to get on the end of the last cross: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

M. Basketball: Stanford falls to Wash. St., 61-58

The Stanford men’s basketball team came up just short against Washington State (13-5, 3-3 Pac-10) on Saturday night, suffering its first home defeat of the season, 61-58. A Jeremy Green desperation three-pointer to force the game into overtime bounced off the back of the rim as the buzzer sounded.

The Card (10-6, 3-2) entered the second half with a nine-point lead, but was unable to contain Cougar junior guards Klay Thompson and Faisal Aiden, who combined for 41 points. Thompson, who entered the game averaging a conference-best 23.1 points per game, was held in check in the first half due to defensive pressure by Stanford and early foul trouble—however, he became more aggressive in the second period and proved too difficult to handle.

“I thought they outplayed us,” said head coach Johnny Dawkins. “They gave a winning effort and won the game. I thought Klay Thompson and Faisal Aden really stepped up and gave some good contributions to their team. We all learn from our losses and unfortunately we took one tonight.”

Junior guard Green had 13 points to lead Stanford, and freshman wing Anthony Brown added 12 points, all off of three-pointers. Redshirt junior forward Josh Owens also contributed 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, and Owens and freshman forward Dwight Powell were the night’s leading rebounders, grabbing 10 boards apiece.

Next weekend, the Card will travel south to Los Angeles to take on USC and UCLA on Thursday and Saturday, respectively. Check back with StanfordDaily.com later for full coverage and analysis.