RT @PCarrESPN: Christen Press has her 1st int'l hat trick. She's the 3rd @StanfordWSoccer alum with a #USWNT hat trick (@JulieFoudy & Sar…: 6 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @ussoccer_wnt: A first half hat trick for Press. It's the first of her WNT career and gives her 18 goals in 35 games. Two goals for Lloy…: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
SI also gave Jordan Richards, Ty Montgomery and Henry Anderson All-America honorable mention.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Peat was earlier announced as an ESPN 1st team, CBS Sports 2nd team, Walter Camp 2nd team All-American.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Accolades for Andrus Peat today: Morris Trophy (Pac-12's top OL), SI 1st team All-American, AP 2nd team All-American.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

M. Basketball: Stanford falls to Wash. St., 61-58

The Stanford men’s basketball team came up just short against Washington State (13-5, 3-3 Pac-10) on Saturday night, suffering its first home defeat of the season, 61-58. A Jeremy Green desperation three-pointer to force the game into overtime bounced off the back of the rim as the buzzer sounded.

The Card (10-6, 3-2) entered the second half with a nine-point lead, but was unable to contain Cougar junior guards Klay Thompson and Faisal Aiden, who combined for 41 points. Thompson, who entered the game averaging a conference-best 23.1 points per game, was held in check in the first half due to defensive pressure by Stanford and early foul trouble—however, he became more aggressive in the second period and proved too difficult to handle.

“I thought they outplayed us,” said head coach Johnny Dawkins. “They gave a winning effort and won the game. I thought Klay Thompson and Faisal Aden really stepped up and gave some good contributions to their team. We all learn from our losses and unfortunately we took one tonight.”

Junior guard Green had 13 points to lead Stanford, and freshman wing Anthony Brown added 12 points, all off of three-pointers. Redshirt junior forward Josh Owens also contributed 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, and Owens and freshman forward Dwight Powell were the night’s leading rebounders, grabbing 10 boards apiece.

Next weekend, the Card will travel south to Los Angeles to take on USC and UCLA on Thursday and Saturday, respectively. Check back with StanfordDaily.com later for full coverage and analysis.