Stanford will play No. 1 Wake Forest (16-2-2) at Wake Forest next weekend.: 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
That's it folks. Stanford gets the 3-1 win off some beautiful goals from Morris (2) and Baird. On to the quarterfinals.: 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
GOAL STANFORD. Corey Baird puts the game out of reach. Stanford up two with just over 2 minutes to play.: 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
OSU shot goes wide. Less than 4 to play.: 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Andrew Epstein has had to be very active tonight. 6 saves so far, ties his season high from 10/18 vs. SDSU.: 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Things getting physical here at Cagan. Less than 10 to play, Buckeyes fighting to equalize things once more.: 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
JORDAN. MORRIS. AGAIN. Gorgeous goal to put Stanford back up, 2-1. His 10th of the season, 2nd of the night.: 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

M. Basketball: Stanford falls to Wash. St., 61-58

The Stanford men’s basketball team came up just short against Washington State (13-5, 3-3 Pac-10) on Saturday night, suffering its first home defeat of the season, 61-58. A Jeremy Green desperation three-pointer to force the game into overtime bounced off the back of the rim as the buzzer sounded.

The Card (10-6, 3-2) entered the second half with a nine-point lead, but was unable to contain Cougar junior guards Klay Thompson and Faisal Aiden, who combined for 41 points. Thompson, who entered the game averaging a conference-best 23.1 points per game, was held in check in the first half due to defensive pressure by Stanford and early foul trouble—however, he became more aggressive in the second period and proved too difficult to handle.

“I thought they outplayed us,” said head coach Johnny Dawkins. “They gave a winning effort and won the game. I thought Klay Thompson and Faisal Aden really stepped up and gave some good contributions to their team. We all learn from our losses and unfortunately we took one tonight.”

Junior guard Green had 13 points to lead Stanford, and freshman wing Anthony Brown added 12 points, all off of three-pointers. Redshirt junior forward Josh Owens also contributed 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, and Owens and freshman forward Dwight Powell were the night’s leading rebounders, grabbing 10 boards apiece.

Next weekend, the Card will travel south to Los Angeles to take on USC and UCLA on Thursday and Saturday, respectively. Check back with later for full coverage and analysis.