Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
First and goal Stanford with 29 seconds remaining. Let's see which team wants it more.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Another catch for Arcega-Whiteside, who is now Stanford's second leading reciver: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Trenton Irwin has 20 more yards than the rest of Stanford combined.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford gets the stop. Cardinal have 2:05, no timeouts, need a touchdown.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Wrestling opens Pac-10 season in Bakersfield

In an early start to conference competition, the Stanford wrestling team (0-1) will head to Bakersfield, Calif., for its first Pac-10 dual against Cal State Bakersfield on Saturday.

All-American Nick Amuchastegui will headline the Cardinal this weekend. The redshirt junior placed fourth at last year’s NCAA Tournament and won a major decision in Stanford’s opening dual at home against Northwestern. Amuchastegui, senior Zack Giesen and sophomore Ryan Mango are all currently ranked in the top 20 nationally in their respective weight classes.

Stanford’s last outing, in front of a big crowd at Burnham Pavilion, ended in disappointment for the Cardinal as it fell to Northwestern, 18-16. Though the teams evenly split the matches, the Wildcats won three major decisions to Stanford’s one, giving it two extra points that ultimately formed the winning margin.

This weekend’s dual represents the season opener for the Roadrunners. Bakersfield is in its first season under new head coach Mike Mendoza.

Stanford and Cal State Bakersfield will open Pac-10 play this Saturday. The meet is scheduled for 4 p.m. on Saturday in Bakersfield.

About Kabir Sawhney

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.