To cap off the day, @StanfordWSoccer in OT right now against Florida in NCAA Tournament Elite 8 Match: 7 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @AJTarpley: Just repaying the favor @ArizonaFBall: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @ksvoboda: Stanford @khoagie8 becomes 1st @StanfordFball QB to defeat UCLA 4 times. #GoStanford: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidParry58: Our debt to Arizona is paid: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hey Arizona, let's call it even, okay?: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Off the top of my head, this was the best performance by a Stanford quarterback since Andrew Luck in the Fiesta Bowl ag…: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 31, UCLA 10. Final.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The Rose Bowl empties in earnest.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford leads in yardage 416-179.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
UCLA is effectively done - 21 points in 10:40 against this Stanford defense is probably too much for any non-Oregon offense in the country.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sailing recruit takes lead in championships

With nine top-five finishes in 10 races, Stanford sailing recruit Mateo Vargas is currently in first place at the U.S. Youth Championships in Los Angeles with one day of racing left.

Vargas is at the top of the field of 27 in the Radial Division, having finished seventh or better in each race. His performances include a race victory and four second-place finishes over three days of sailing. Vargas moved into first in the standings after third and second place performances in the day’s two races, while prior leader Mitchell Kiss finished 11th and seventh.

Other Stanford recruits in the event include the 29er-Division team of Helena Scutt and Katy Cenname, in fifth place, and Laser-Division sailor Kevin Laube, in 10th place. Joining Vargas in the Radial Division are Molly McKinney and Sally Mace, currently in 22nd and 24th place, respectively.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.