RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: This just feels like another one of those five-set marathon matches. Par for the course between these two teams.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two straight points for the Lions after the timeout, take first lead in the set since 6-5. Dunning calls another timeout.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sailing recruit takes lead in championships

With nine top-five finishes in 10 races, Stanford sailing recruit Mateo Vargas is currently in first place at the U.S. Youth Championships in Los Angeles with one day of racing left.

Vargas is at the top of the field of 27 in the Radial Division, having finished seventh or better in each race. His performances include a race victory and four second-place finishes over three days of sailing. Vargas moved into first in the standings after third and second place performances in the day’s two races, while prior leader Mitchell Kiss finished 11th and seventh.

Other Stanford recruits in the event include the 29er-Division team of Helena Scutt and Katy Cenname, in fifth place, and Laser-Division sailor Kevin Laube, in 10th place. Joining Vargas in the Radial Division are Molly McKinney and Sally Mace, currently in 22nd and 24th place, respectively.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.