Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes to go. All out attack on from Stanford.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
A series of UCSB injuries has slowed the second half. 12 minutes remaining with Stanford still trailing 1-0.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Second corner for the Card in as many minutes here late in the second half.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Now 18 minutes on the clock. A little more urgency coming from Stanford.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card certainly on the attack. Still 25 minutes to go.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris finds Bashti in the middle on a counter attack, but his shot is saved. 29 minutes left, still 1-0 UCSB.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Long-range shot from Verso sails high. Card searching for an equalizer, 35 minutes left.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sailing recruit takes lead in championships

With nine top-five finishes in 10 races, Stanford sailing recruit Mateo Vargas is currently in first place at the U.S. Youth Championships in Los Angeles with one day of racing left.

Vargas is at the top of the field of 27 in the Radial Division, having finished seventh or better in each race. His performances include a race victory and four second-place finishes over three days of sailing. Vargas moved into first in the standings after third and second place performances in the day’s two races, while prior leader Mitchell Kiss finished 11th and seventh.

Other Stanford recruits in the event include the 29er-Division team of Helena Scutt and Katy Cenname, in fifth place, and Laser-Division sailor Kevin Laube, in 10th place. Joining Vargas in the Radial Division are Molly McKinney and Sally Mace, currently in 22nd and 24th place, respectively.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.