Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sailing recruit takes lead in championships

With nine top-five finishes in 10 races, Stanford sailing recruit Mateo Vargas is currently in first place at the U.S. Youth Championships in Los Angeles with one day of racing left.

Vargas is at the top of the field of 27 in the Radial Division, having finished seventh or better in each race. His performances include a race victory and four second-place finishes over three days of sailing. Vargas moved into first in the standings after third and second place performances in the day’s two races, while prior leader Mitchell Kiss finished 11th and seventh.

Other Stanford recruits in the event include the 29er-Division team of Helena Scutt and Katy Cenname, in fifth place, and Laser-Division sailor Kevin Laube, in 10th place. Joining Vargas in the Radial Division are Molly McKinney and Sally Mace, currently in 22nd and 24th place, respectively.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.