Stanford at 11th in the first coaches poll of the season.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Also, coach Shaw’s and Ty Montgomery’s comments today had a much more optimistic vibe re: Montgomery’s arm injury than …: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jjarcega_22: Blessed to officially be committed to Stanford University!! #GoCard #NerdGang #Cali 🌲♦️🏈🙏: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Men and lightweight women head to New Jersey for IRA nationals

Today marks the start of the IRA National Championship regatta in Cherry Hill, N.J. Both the Stanford men’s rowing team and women’s lightweight rowing team will compete at the event, which will last three days.

The men’s team, led by head coach Craig Amerkhanian, earned four bronze medals in the Pac-10 Championships last month by placing third in the Varsity Four, I Varsity Eight, II Varsity Eight and Frosh Eight. All four races ended with Washington taking first and Cal taking second. Stanford’s I Varsity Eight is currently ranked No. 12 in the U.S. Rowing Collegiate poll.

The women’s lightweight team, led by head coach Al Acosta, controlled the eight-person competition at the WIRA Championships. The “A” and “B” teams placed first and second overall, ahead of teams from Willamette, Long Beach State, UC-San Diego and Washington State. The Cardinal novice four placed sixth. Stanford’s Varsity Eight is currently ranked No. 2 in the USRowing Collegiate poll.

Competition at the regatta begins bright and early at 5:30 a.m. PST.