Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes to go. All out attack on from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
A series of UCSB injuries has slowed the second half. 12 minutes remaining with Stanford still trailing 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Second corner for the Card in as many minutes here late in the second half.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Now 18 minutes on the clock. A little more urgency coming from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card certainly on the attack. Still 25 minutes to go.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris finds Bashti in the middle on a counter attack, but his shot is saved. 29 minutes left, still 1-0 UCSB.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Men and lightweight women head to New Jersey for IRA nationals

Today marks the start of the IRA National Championship regatta in Cherry Hill, N.J. Both the Stanford men’s rowing team and women’s lightweight rowing team will compete at the event, which will last three days.

The men’s team, led by head coach Craig Amerkhanian, earned four bronze medals in the Pac-10 Championships last month by placing third in the Varsity Four, I Varsity Eight, II Varsity Eight and Frosh Eight. All four races ended with Washington taking first and Cal taking second. Stanford’s I Varsity Eight is currently ranked No. 12 in the U.S. Rowing Collegiate poll.

The women’s lightweight team, led by head coach Al Acosta, controlled the eight-person competition at the WIRA Championships. The “A” and “B” teams placed first and second overall, ahead of teams from Willamette, Long Beach State, UC-San Diego and Washington State. The Cardinal novice four placed sixth. Stanford’s Varsity Eight is currently ranked No. 2 in the USRowing Collegiate poll.

Competition at the regatta begins bright and early at 5:30 a.m. PST.