Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 2 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports

BRIEF: Men’s and women’s rowing teams medal at Pac-10s

The Pac-10 Rowing Championships took place on Sunday at Lake Natoma, Calif. Stanford sent four boats each for the men’s and women’s teams — two varsity eights, a varsity four and a novice eight.

Seven of the eight boats medaled, with the women’s varsity four placing fourth.

The Cardinal was led by the women’s second varsity eight, which won by four seconds over Washington. The women’s novice eight and first varsity eight both placed second out of eight teams.

All four men’s boats placed third in their respective races, behind Washington in first and Cal in second.

The women were granted an at-large berth to defend their title at the 16-team NCAA Championships, which will take place May 28-30 at Lake Natoma.

The men will compete at the IRA National Championships June 3-5 in Cherry Hills, N.J.