RT @catzdong: Relevant: @Stanford_Daily op-ed by @CoryBooker published in 1992 shortly after the controversial Rodney King verdict http://t…: 2 days ago, The Stanford Daily
Maya Krishnan '15 and Emily Witt '15 are 2015 Rhodes Scholars! That brings the @Stanford Rhodes count to 114.: 5 days ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: John Barton talks to the @Stanford_Daily about Stanford's future "trans-disciplinary" Architectural Design program. htt…: 7 days ago, The Stanford Daily

Victim killed by southbound Caltrain

At about 5:25 p.m. on Thursday, Southbound Caltrain 328 struck and killed a person at the San Antonio Station in Mountain View. The victim was not immediately identified.

According to Christine Dunn, a spokesperson for Caltrain, officials reopened the northbound side of the tracks in the area later Thursday night. Both northbound and southbound would use the single track until officials could open up the other track.

Dunn said it “usually takes about an hour and a half” for normal service to be restored after incidents like the one Thursday.

Also Thursday, another Caltrain struck an abandoned minivan at 5:15 a.m. in Sunnyvale. No injuries were reported, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. It was unclear why the minivan was on the tracks.

-Ryan Mac