PSA: student tickets are now available to be claimed for Saturday's matchup against USC: 16 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: The news out of Stanford presser: LBs Hemschoot, Palma out. Noor Davis expanded depth role vs USC. Lil concerning given…: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Zach Hoffpauir will start at safety opposite Jordan Richards this Saturday for Stanford.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to 13th in the AP poll.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The Card is now the second-highest Pac-12 team in the Coaches Poll -- UCLA slipped to 11 after its close win against Virginia.: 12 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford No. 10 in this week's Coaches Poll.: 12 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @samfisher908: Huge props to @davidcohn4 whose call of the @TyMontgomery2 PR TD won him @NCAAFootball student-radio call of the week htt…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford QB Pritchard to join men’s basketball roster

Tavita Pritchard, Stanford football’s starting quarterback for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, has been added to the men’s basketball roster, as announced today by head coach Johnny Dawkins.

Stanford Daily File Photo

Stanford Daily File Photo

Pritchard is best known for his game-winning touchdown toss in the Cardinal’s historic upset of USC in 2007. He ended his career with 2,865 yards and 15 touchdowns through the air.

Having used up his football eligibility, the 6-foot-4 Pritchard was added to a men’s basketball team ravished by injuries. As the squad heads to Arizona this week, it will be without sophomore forward and starter Andrew Zimmermann and freshman guard Gabriel Harris. The two join freshman Andy Brown and junior Josh Owens, who have missed the entire season due to injuries.

Pritchard was a four-year basketball letterwinner at Clover Park High School in Lakewood, Wash. He will suit up in the No. 42 jersey for tonight’s match at Arizona. Tip-off is at 5 p.m.

• Skep

I don’t know how, but Tavita will find a way to throw interceptions in this game as well.