79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford QB Pritchard to join men’s basketball roster

Tavita Pritchard, Stanford football’s starting quarterback for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, has been added to the men’s basketball roster, as announced today by head coach Johnny Dawkins.

Stanford Daily File Photo

Stanford Daily File Photo

Pritchard is best known for his game-winning touchdown toss in the Cardinal’s historic upset of USC in 2007. He ended his career with 2,865 yards and 15 touchdowns through the air.

Having used up his football eligibility, the 6-foot-4 Pritchard was added to a men’s basketball team ravished by injuries. As the squad heads to Arizona this week, it will be without sophomore forward and starter Andrew Zimmermann and freshman guard Gabriel Harris. The two join freshman Andy Brown and junior Josh Owens, who have missed the entire season due to injuries.

Pritchard was a four-year basketball letterwinner at Clover Park High School in Lakewood, Wash. He will suit up in the No. 42 jersey for tonight’s match at Arizona. Tip-off is at 5 p.m.

• Skep

I don’t know how, but Tavita will find a way to throw interceptions in this game as well.