Kelly on Clemson, Stanford losses: "We're two plays away from being undefeated and the number one team in the country.": 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Brian Kelly: "We had a number of opportunities in the red zone. It's never about one series or one play, it's a culmination of the game.": 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"One word: gritty." -Shaw on Shittu, Thomas and Scarlett and the way the DL has played this year: 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw on receiving corps: "They've been blocking extremely well, and they know when called upon, they're gonna make plays.": 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Hogan to Shaw after getting the game ball: "Thanks coach. We gotta play USC next week.": 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"Kevin did a great job of keeping his emotions in check and just playing great football. I can't say how proud of him I am." -Shaw: 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"You're talking about a walk-on kicker that came in, earned his stripes. He's become one of the best kickers in the nation."Shaw on Ukropina: 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"I challenge anybody to find a better two-minute quarterback in the nation than Kevin Hogan." -Shaw: 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"We kept our minds in it. We got up, we didn't change. We got down, we didn't change." -David Shaw: 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Stanford QB Pritchard to join men’s basketball roster

Tavita Pritchard, Stanford football’s starting quarterback for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, has been added to the men’s basketball roster, as announced today by head coach Johnny Dawkins.

Stanford Daily File Photo

Stanford Daily File Photo

Pritchard is best known for his game-winning touchdown toss in the Cardinal’s historic upset of USC in 2007. He ended his career with 2,865 yards and 15 touchdowns through the air.

Having used up his football eligibility, the 6-foot-4 Pritchard was added to a men’s basketball team ravished by injuries. As the squad heads to Arizona this week, it will be without sophomore forward and starter Andrew Zimmermann and freshman guard Gabriel Harris. The two join freshman Andy Brown and junior Josh Owens, who have missed the entire season due to injuries.

Pritchard was a four-year basketball letterwinner at Clover Park High School in Lakewood, Wash. He will suit up in the No. 42 jersey for tonight’s match at Arizona. Tip-off is at 5 p.m.

• Skep

I don’t know how, but Tavita will find a way to throw interceptions in this game as well.