RT @StanfordFH: What a comeback by the Card! After going down 2-0, Stanford rallies for 3 unanswered goals to get the W! #GoStanford: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB sweeps Minnesota to cap off a 2-0 opening weekend. Big tests next week vs. current No. 1 PSU and No. 8 Ill. at State College: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford block coming up big today: 5 in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd set so far. Card up 19-17 in the second set, up 1-0 in the match.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford QB Pritchard to join men’s basketball roster

Tavita Pritchard, Stanford football’s starting quarterback for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, has been added to the men’s basketball roster, as announced today by head coach Johnny Dawkins.

Stanford Daily File Photo

Stanford Daily File Photo

Pritchard is best known for his game-winning touchdown toss in the Cardinal’s historic upset of USC in 2007. He ended his career with 2,865 yards and 15 touchdowns through the air.

Having used up his football eligibility, the 6-foot-4 Pritchard was added to a men’s basketball team ravished by injuries. As the squad heads to Arizona this week, it will be without sophomore forward and starter Andrew Zimmermann and freshman guard Gabriel Harris. The two join freshman Andy Brown and junior Josh Owens, who have missed the entire season due to injuries.

Pritchard was a four-year basketball letterwinner at Clover Park High School in Lakewood, Wash. He will suit up in the No. 42 jersey for tonight’s match at Arizona. Tip-off is at 5 p.m.

• Skep

I don’t know how, but Tavita will find a way to throw interceptions in this game as well.