RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @UWVolleyball 3, @StanfordWVB 1 (25-18, 25-21, 23-25, 25-20). Card drops first match of the year, falling to 28-1, …: 8 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Of the 17 teams that went undefeated in the reg. season, only 5 went unbeaten in the tourney to become nat'l champs (most r…: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: This week, @StanfordWVB will look to become the 18th DI team to go undefeated in the regular season since @NCAAVolleyball b…: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford QB Pritchard to join men’s basketball roster

Tavita Pritchard, Stanford football’s starting quarterback for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, has been added to the men’s basketball roster, as announced today by head coach Johnny Dawkins.

Stanford Daily File Photo

Stanford Daily File Photo

Pritchard is best known for his game-winning touchdown toss in the Cardinal’s historic upset of USC in 2007. He ended his career with 2,865 yards and 15 touchdowns through the air.

Having used up his football eligibility, the 6-foot-4 Pritchard was added to a men’s basketball team ravished by injuries. As the squad heads to Arizona this week, it will be without sophomore forward and starter Andrew Zimmermann and freshman guard Gabriel Harris. The two join freshman Andy Brown and junior Josh Owens, who have missed the entire season due to injuries.

Pritchard was a four-year basketball letterwinner at Clover Park High School in Lakewood, Wash. He will suit up in the No. 42 jersey for tonight’s match at Arizona. Tip-off is at 5 p.m.

• Skep

I don’t know how, but Tavita will find a way to throw interceptions in this game as well.